Monday, March 23, 2009

Frugal Maniacs...

I visit a lot of frugal living and living simply web sites and forums.  You can really pick up some neat ideas most of the time.   It is very helpful for a guy who gets $3 dollars a day to spend.   You can get some real nut cases as well. 

"Is it okay to pee in my sink?" one fellow asked. "I am trying to save money by not flushing."

"Just go pee in the backyard," I wanted to tell him. "Under the cover of darkness."

And wouldn't you only save pennies on a pee?  It couldn't be life changing I am sure.   This is just one case where you are just going too far. 

6 comments:

Leann said...

I had to go back and catch up on the reads. I very much enjoyed reading the 'good days' blog. You stated so clearly how your life feels.

Take care and onto better days.

Irishcoda said...

Oh my! I heard the old saying about not flushing pee--"if it's yellow, let it mellow"--but never heard of someone wanting to pee in a sink! Ewwwwwww!

(M)ary said...

ew. that is beyond frugal.

Jenn said...

My in laws practice the "if it's yellow let it mellow" rule. I try not to use the bathroom when I'm there.
I'm curious to read those sites, Andrew. Other than saving my toilet water, I could use some frugal tips! Can you post a few site names?

Bridget said...

To Irishcoda's point, if you have a well, you can easily lower the pressure in it and affect your water supply for the rest of the day by flushing too much. Lots of people, when this happens, don't want to accept that they have to wait for the water table to refresh...so instead, they'll run the water 3-4x longer than normal to get what they need - which stresses your water pump and costs electricity. I think this is what the guy (no pun intended) was aiming for when he suggested peeing in the sink.

Trailboss said...

Oh My! Pee in the backyard for sure. I do it all of the time. Not really but my husband has been known to.