Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Watery World Ahead...

I wonder what I will do the next five days of rain and storms regarding my and Maggie's walk.  I have dreams of sleeping late and fixing late breakfasts.  They say we will get flooding.  I wonder if they will open the flood gates over at the dam on West Point Lake.  I will be there with my camera if they do.

This morning was the usual.  Maggie woke me up at the crack of dawn to walk.  I sleepily put on my sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  "Come on! Come on! Can we go now?" Maggie seemed to say with her impetuous wiggling.  

There is one man who jogs every morning.  He is not your stereotypical jogger.  He is heavy set and sounds like he has emphysema he breathes so hard as he runs.

"Good morning," he will say as he passes us. 

"Good morning!" I will respond in my happy, goofy, aloof way.

Well, let me get some breakfast started.  Today is light fare.  Toast and creamy peanut butter with a big glass of milk.  To Maggie, this part of our morning is almost as important as the walk.

*****

Addicted to this song.  A song about reincarnation by such greats as Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.

8 comments:

SOUL: said...

i'm first! :))

i have always loved johnny cash, and i have listened to this song 100 million times... and would you believe that i never caught that it was about reincarnation? i told ya i was slow. fourty years is pretty slow-- wouldn't ya say?

i hope you have a real good day over in your rainy world... looks like we're all gettin our share of that. we were sposed to get rain yesterday-- but since we didn't i imagine we will see it today.

be careful out takin pix in a flood by a dam eh? you aint no highway man.
haha c'mon that wasn't too bad for this early.

happy humpday my brothah

skinny minny said...

I look forward to the really rainy days here because it gives me a little break from the mega walks my pup and i go on but she still demands to be taken out so the rain can prove it is real to her! LOL. Have a great day!

happyone said...

Try walking in the rain with a raincoat and umbrella - it's great. I love to hear the rain on the umbrella! :-)
I love peanut butter on toast - it's soooo good!!!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

sounds so relaxing!!! glad you and your little sweet pup have a nice routine!

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

Rain boots! Check the pet shop sites .. .. rain boots for pups are just soooo in right now. Why, I'm sure Paris has them for her dog! Maybe you could make Maggie some from sandwich bags and kite string . . . . I've seen video - boots make the the dogs walk funny!

Be sure to take your water-wings if you're gonna go do a photo shoot of them opening the flood gates!!

Have a good Wednesday!
Grannie

becomingkate said...

My husband loves that song! Whenever I hear it, it makes me nostalgic.

Dee said...

Hi Andrew :)
Its raining here too, boo!

My son loves that song and plays it constantly, the kid knows it by heart and proves it all the time, LOL.

I hope the rain lets up soon so you can get back to walking Maggie.

Dee

Syd said...

Hey Andrew, thanks for stopping by and commenting. We have rain here also. Actually, it is good since there has been a drought for a while in this area.

You're in a good area for oysters. I'm sure that you've been to a few roasts.

Have a good day.