Friday, March 27, 2009

Feasts Friday...

The first thing Helen did when she got here this morning was to get a homemade barbecue sauce started.  It was full of things like fresh squeezed lemon juice, ketchup, cider vinegar, etc.

"What are we having, Helen?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Barbecue chicken," Helen replied. "It was your dad's request."

I made myself useful and skinned the potatoes and rutabagas.  Finally cutting up both into chunks.  Both were to be boiled and mashed.  Have you ever noticed how many rutabagas we eat? A LOT!

Helen was so chipper today and I was feeling better than I had in weeks.  We were both little motor mouths.

Finally, mom and dad arrived to eat with me.  I love it when my family comes over like that. 

"Helen, you outdid yourself," Dad told Helen as we were sitting at my kitchen table finishing our meals.

Helen fixed herself and her husband a plate and headed home.  I feel so good right now that I want to bottle it for bad days.  Almost euphoric.  Dad says I am in a manic bi-polar phase.  "Can't I have a few good days without being psychoanalyzed?' is what I wanted to ask dad. 

4 comments:

kristi said...

Man! I wish I had a Helen...LOL! Glad you are feeling better Andrew.

Kathy said...

So great to all get together for a home cooked meal!

Dear Liza said...

I think bottling that feeling and SELLING it would be the end to many of your problems...and I would be your first customer.

Andrew, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. It really meant a lot to me. You know, yours was the first blog I ever read...and had I not done that, I would have missed out on so much in my life, writing my own blog, all the friends I have made...and I just want to thank you for that.

I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs, friend. :)

becomingkate said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!