Thursday, March 26, 2009

Impetuousness...

"WHAT?" mom exclaimed after my third call on the phone.

"Will you get me some cheddar?" I asked sheepishly.

"I'll get you some cheddar," mom replied.

Today is grocery day and I keep forgetting things I need.  I've been kind of hooked on cheese toast lately.

"You're mad at me now," I said.

"I'm trying to sleep!" she exclaimed. 

"I'll let you go," I said and hung up.

It is always the same.  Mom will apologize to me later.  Not that I deserve it.  I wonder what Helen thinks about mom sleeping all the time?  I've often heard mom say, "Helen must think I am terrible."  It doesn't daunt her though.  She sleeps away.  It would drive me crazy sleeping all the time. 

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

If you have cell phones, you could text her your list, and wouldn't have to call her. It really helps!

Leann said...

We all escape our lives in different ways.