Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You're not alone in this!

One nice thing about Google Reader is that you can reconnect with bloggers that have long ceased to blog. There is one certain schizophrenic young man I keep up with in Reader. He hasn't written in months and wrote today. Reader showed me or I wouldn't have known since I long ceased visiting his blog. It allowed me to give an "atta boy" and let him know I was still reading. I hope for a post tomorrow because blogging has been so cathartic for me and my mental illness.

8 comments:

KC said...

I don't know what I'd do without my feed reader...

happyone said...

I use Google Reader too and think it's great!!

Leann said...

Positive reinforcement is such an awesomet hing.

I too love The Highwayman.

Tammi said...

Andrew,
You really are a nice and really thoughtful person.
huggggs

(M)ary said...

I am so glad you were able to give him a word of encouragemet, especially so soon after he posted. I am sure it made him feel like someone really does care.
I still use bookmarks to find my usual reads and, I do tend to skip around, especially at the end of the alphabet because it takes so long to move the cursor down my bookmarks.

Charlotte said...

I use Bloglines in the same way to keep up with Blogs. That's how I read yours all the time. :-)

Cheryl said...

Reader is great! It's also bad because if you don't read blogs for a day or two, it's overwhelming to see how far behind you are.

Brad said...

I second what Cheryl said. I've been offline for days and my google reader is well over 200 posts but I can't imagine keeping track of everyone with out it.