Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Jingle in my Pocket

It feels so nice to have money in my wallet. I drove down to the local Wendy’s and ordered a double w/ cheese and a small frosty. I sat there smiling thinking that it was all mine. I paid for it. I came home and opened up my windows and backdoor and let Maggie run for awhile. You should have seen her. She had been cooped up inside all day and was so glad to run free. I could see myself in her. I feel as if I had been cooped up for months now as well. Tears streamed down my cheeks as she would occasionally check back in with me to see if I was still here. She wanted to know if daddy was okay.

“You go girl!” I said jubilantly to egg her on.

She tore across the backyard furiously barking at some unforeseen threat with her tail held high. Most likely it was just a deer or a turkey.

I thought about what happened today. Can you imagine that in America people will try to take your freedom away? My father gave it a good try, but failed. I hold no ill will towards him. I am sure that in his mind he thought it was the best thing. I am just not like my mother though. I am not willing to play the subservient sick relative who must be coddled. I am so young yet and have so much life to look forward too. My mother’s life is pretty much done and over with. She will spend the rest of her days sleeping away in her bed with her cat lying atop her. I find that sad because even in her late eighties my grandmother was such a vibrant and busy woman.

I digress and will not get into maudlin subjects tonight. I thank you all for reading and the comments on my last post brought joy to my soul. I felt as if I was sharing my good fortune with all of you. Well, let me go have my last pipe of the day and amble towards bed. I haven’t slept in two days and my eyelids feel like lead weights. Good night and God bless.

No comments: