Monday, August 21, 2006

The Balls a Rollin’

Well, I finally got in contact with a social worker this afternoon. I have an appointment with East Alabama Mental Health to get everything set up next Monday at 8:30 AM. I have to bring proof of income (which will be an interesting experience to get from my father. I will probably need a bank statement) and my Medicare parts A, B, and D cards. I am just glad to finally get things going. I was nervous as hell talking on the phone as she asked me all sorts of questions. My voice was shaky.

Hopefully, this will start to bring to an end the chaos that has been my life these past few months with regards to my income, medications and family relationships. I am just unsure how the mental health agency is going to handle being my representative payee though. That will certainly prove interesting as well.

No comments: