Thursday, August 10, 2006

Overcoming Desire

I was overcome with a great thirst this morning that almost couldn’t be quenched. I managed to scrape up enough change for a Gatorade. I drove down to Fat Albert’s this morning to get it. The place was bustling with activity. Carolyn was just getting off of work.

“This place is crazy,” I said.

“Tell me about it,” She replied. “Donna wanted me to work over into first shift and I told her hell no. They don’t pay me enough.”

I had to wait a long time to purchase my Gatorade. I got stuck behind one of the lottery addicts.

“Give me two number fives and three thirteen’s,” They said relating to those scratch off tickets. They then stood at the counter to scratch them off as if salivating like one of Pavlov’s dogs.

“Excuse me,” I said. “But I want to make a purchase.”

The lady got all mad with me and acted as if I had just asked her to take off all her clothes. Believe me, that wouldn’t have been a pretty sight.

“Fuckin’ idiot,” I muttered under my breath.

I and Carolyn then walked outside and sat in her car.

“Come over and crawl into the bed with me,” She said. “I really don’t want to be alone.”

“I will just keep you up,” I replied. “I slept well last night.”

“We don’t have to necessarily sleep,” She replied smiling full of innuendo.

“Maybe some other time,” I replied.

I can’t believe I passed up sex, but just wasn’t in the mood for it this morning. I gave Carolyn a hug as if it were to be my last and she drove home to go eat breakfast and then crawl into the bed after a hard night’s work.

No comments: