Friday, August 04, 2006

Life as a mess…

I made it out to the Mental Health clinic. I had to wait a long time as they had to send someone out to get my shot from my father’s pharmacy. The nurse injected it and I already feel better. From now on, they are going to order it. I also talked with my case worker and we drew up a plan of action. She is going to drive me down to the social security office in Opelika to get my disability allotment turned over to her. We will have to fill out several forms and then all will be done.

I then drove over to Sarah Jay’s and parked. I ran across the highway and made my way over the railroad tracks back into the woods. Ferret was nowhere to be seen. His campsite was a mess. There is trash everywhere. He really needs to get that crap cleaned up. Maybe tomorrow I will take down some trash bags and help him clean it up. I fear it is going to get him in trouble. He is camping on railroad property.

I then drove over to the shopping center to see if Big S had seen Ferret.

“No, I ain’t seen him and you don’t want to as well,” Big S said. “Dat nigga be fucked up.”

I reached into my wallet and paid Big S back the five dollars I owed him.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked.

“He has been acting all crazy and shit. It is dat mouthwash. It has fucked him up,” Big S replied.

I sat on the bench next to Big S, smoking a cigarette, and pondering what to do.

“We really need to help Ferret,” I then said.

“I ain’t foolin’ with dat nigga,” Big S replied.

“Great, just great!” I thought. I am in this all alone.

Big S then went on this long tirade about getting a citation for loitering. I completely zoned him out and barely remember what he had said. I had Ferret on my mind. After Big S finished with his tirade, I bid him farewell and drove on home.

I don’t know what I am going to do about Ferret. I guess I could start giving him some money so he will buy beer instead of mouthwash. I am just unsure if I can afford to do that. I will have to talk to Sherman and see what he thinks in the next day or two.

No comments: