Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Out of the Dark…

Sorry about that last post. I don’t mean to cause concern. When you get in the funks like I have been experiencing, life seems so pointless with no direction. Things get to seem pretty grim. I have literally slept for a week.

I just walked down to the shopping center to buy my daily Gatorade and to get out of the house. I managed to scrounge up a dollar and some change. Big S was sitting out front as usual in the heat accompanied by Droopy.

“Where in the hell have you been lately?” Big S asked me.

“In the bed,” I reply.

“You slept all fucking week?” Big S asked.

“Yeah, I wasn’t feeling well,” I replied.

I sat down next to Big S to drink my Gatorade.

“Got a cigarette?” Big S asked.

I pulled my pack out from my shirt pocket and gave him one. Droopy was standing up against the wall next to the bench and greedily eyed our little exchange. I was expecting him to ask for one as well, but he never did.

“George’s been asking about you,” Big S said. “We all got worried as we see you about once a day down here. Cap w/Tag Guy even spoke to ask about you.”


“Yeah, I kept expecting George to show up at the house any day now. You know how nosey he can be,” I replied.

“Cap w/Tag Guy actually spoke?” I then asked incredulously as I smiled as I took another drag off of my cigarette.

“I kept expecting the second coming of Christ after that one,” Big S said as he smiled back. “Dat nigga don’t ever speak.”

I and Big S finished smoking our cigarettes. The Gatorade tasted absolutely delicious and refreshing as well. I then bid the fellas farewell and walked on home. It was nice to get out of the house for a change.

No comments: