Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Got the Funks…

I am okay. Thanks to those of you that inquired. I have done nothing but sleep since Sunday occasionally letting Maggie out for the bathroom. “This too shall pass,” I keep telling myself. My goal of ninety A.A. meetings in ninety days has been shattered.

I awoke last night in the middle of the night to hear someone walking upstairs. It scared the shit out of me. There was also a strange car in the driveway. I crept upstairs and slowly opened the door leading to the stairs. It was my Great Aunt’s caretaker. I let out a huge sigh of relief. She had a doctor’s appointment and they had decided to come over here to stay.

“Don’t scare me like that,” I told her. “I thought someone had broken in.”

She apologized profusely.

Not much has gone on other than that. I struggle daily to not get drunk. I would like nothing more than to escape in blissful inebriation. I dream of beer. They say Alcoholics Anonymous will mess up your drinking and I believe it. All I can think about is having to pick up that first white chip again (A.A. gives you a white poker chip on your first day of sobriety). It keeps me sober.

No comments: