Friday, August 04, 2006

Don’t Take Maggie Away…

My father came over to take Maggie away tonight. Late in the evenings, I leave my back door open to let her come and go. I feel she enjoys being outside and running. You should see the pile of detritus she has placed at my back door to chew upon. For some reason, she was barking furiously tonight. Something had got her ire up tonight. My father came over with a flashlight trying to coax her into coming home with him. He didn’t say one word to me as we sat in my backyard as he petted her. He managed to get Maggie into his backyard and then I bolted into action. “Oh, hell no, I am not going to stand for this,” I thought. I ran down into my parent’s backyard and called Maggie. She immediately came to me. I picked her up and brought her home and closed the back door. Another method of subterfuge and control had been thwarted.

No comments: