Saturday, August 19, 2006

Thanks,

I like Pipe Tobacco's idea of writing a weekly “thanks” for his readers that comment. I really appreciate the warm and heartfelt comments I received on the blog today and tonight. It is nice to know I have some wonderful online blogging friends with which to share my life. Many of you who faithfully blog and write about yours as well have enriched my life in immeasurable ways. I get to share with you in your joys, trials, and tribulations.

Annabel wrote a wonderful post tonight titled “Choice” that came at the right time in my life. I suggest those of you up late go over and read it. It was very inspirational and motivating. I loved the quotes at the end of the post. I printed it out to remind me of my own choice in my life and my situation. She really surprises me sometimes with her wisdom at such a young age.

I also especially enjoyed Leann's comment about the weather in Alaska this evening. You know me. I am weather obsessed. It fascinated me that there is already snow in the foothills and the temperatures are so cold at night already. They really do have short summers up there. It will be late October/early November before we even get our first frost here (if then) and not long after that the colors of fall start to show in the trees and in their leaves. September is just another summer month here; hot and humid.

Saturdays are a special night full of familiar and comforting routines for me. I usually watch my British comedies until ten. They air such classics here as Are You Being Served? and Keeping up Appearances. I have seen all the episodes maybe three or four times, yet tune in every Saturday night religiously to watch my familiar favorites.

Around ten, I come back to my computer desk. Fire up Windows media player and listen to the weekend airing of Mick Williams' Cyber Line. That radio show is actually horrible and you would probably hate it and find it boring, but I just love it. It has just become a familiar part of my weekend ritual and I must listen. It is basically just three guys bantering for three hours about computers, linux, NASA, and such.

Well, let me get back to my radio program. The commercials are almost over. I will head to bed sometime around 1 AM tonight after it finishes airing.

No comments: