Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Rumors of my Demise have been Greatly Exaggerated :^)

My doctor sided with me the whole way and dad was furious. He was livid as hell. I learned during the meeting that he had called a local Judge Crowder and tried to get me legally committed, but the judge said he had no probable cause. So, for the foreseeable future, I am free to live my life and there will be MANY changes. Below is a list of things that are to be changed.

My father will forcibly no longer have financial responsibility for my money. A mental health case worker will be assigned to be my representative payee and give me installments of my disability allotment. This is the same mental health clinic that I volunteered at before so I know everyone well.

All bills and utilities at this house will be put in my name so my father cannot threaten to cut off my internet as he has often done in the past when upset with me.

I must start seeing a therapist on a weekly basis and work on my “personality” disorder. This is a condition that must be met.

My father still agreed to pay off my mortgage, but the new house must be put into my name along with all utilities. Dad was going to keep it in his name.

I must report to my case worker on a monthly basis for her to look over my bills to make sure all are being paid properly and promptly. This is for my benefit and they assured me this was not “Big Brother” looking over my shoulder.

My car title is in my name but the insurance is in my father’s. This is to be changed to my name and I am to be responsible for making the half yearly payment of $318 dollars.

All my injections and medications will now be filled and injected out at the mental health clinic by an RN. My doctor said it was best my father not be involved with this due to possible conflicts of interest.

I can’t tell you how estatic I am. I feel like an adult again. *cue William Wallace voice, “FREEEEEDOM!” I gladly accept all this responsible as it will give me a purpose to life other than writing and hanging out with the gang.

I am sad to report that my father was very mean to me afterwards. He said, “Son, you got what you wanted. You made your bed and now you have to lie in it.” He feels I am not able to handle all of this. Quite the contrary I wanted to tell him.

I have so much I want to write about, but will close for now. I am just emotionally and mentally drained from this experience. I feel as if some great burden has been lifted and also like I have been hit by a train. Thanks, to those of you that commented and showed me support. I promise to repay you all with many interesting stories of Sherman and the gang in the upcoming weeks. Together, we are going to make this blog grand!

No comments: