Friday, August 04, 2006

A shower a day keeps the doctor away…

I took another long shower this afternoon. The hot water felt titillating. I scrubbed every crook and cranny of my body. I then got out of the shower and toweled off. I blow dried my hair and then shaved again. My face is baby smooth. I love that feeling.

I dressed and then walked into my bedroom. Carolyn was fast asleep.

“I love you. You know that?” I thought. “I will always be here for you.”

I walked out of my bedroom into the kitchen and started supper. I didn’t know if Carolyn was going to eat so I cooked for two. “I sure could use some of Sherman’s Mom’s cooking right now,” I thought. I proceeded to bake two chicken breasts in lemon and pepper and fixed a side of squash with Vidalia onions, and a pan of cornbread. It was ready in about an hour.

Carolyn came walking into the room and wrapped her arms around me.

“I love you,” She said. “Something smells wonderful.”

“I cooked supper,” I replied. “Are you hungry?”

“I am famished,” She then said.

I fixed us two plates of food and we sat at my kitchen table eating.

“For a guy, you are a great cook,” Carolyn replied.

“Well, thanks,” I said as I blushed.

We finished our meals and I took the dishes into the kitchen to wash them.

“Let me do that,” Carolyn said. “You cooked supper. It is the least I can do.”

I walked into the den to check my email. Alas, no one had decided to email me. I could hear the clamor of Carolyn washing the dishes. She then walked into my den.

“I need to head on home and get ready for work,” She said. “I love you.”

“I love you too sweetheart,” I replied. “Don’t work too hard.”

“Well, I hope we don’t get those damned lottery idiots,” Carolyn said.

I laughed and told her goodnight. I watched as she drove out of my driveway and headed for home.

No comments: