Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sleeping Beauty

Carolyn called awhile ago and asked if she could come over here to sleep.

“I don’t have my air conditioner on,” I replied. “But we can put a fan to blow upon you.”

“I don’t care. I just want to be near you,” She said. “I will sleep better knowing you are near.”

I gave in and shut my windows and turned on that noxiously aggravating air conditioner. Carolyn showed up shortly.

“You know I love you,” She said. “I am glad you are not going away.”

“I love you too,” I said, but felt funny saying it.

I sat on the bed as Carolyn undressed down to her panties and took off her bra.

“Got a t-shirt?” She asked.

I went to my chest of drawers and pulled one out. I smelled it to make sure it was clean and not musty from disuse. I handed it to Carolyn and she put it on.

“You go about your normal activities,” She said. “You will not wake me.”

“I will try to stay quiet,” I replied.

This morning was one of the rare mornings that I actually took the time to make up my bed. I pulled back the covers and Carolyn crawled inside.

“Oh, this feels so good,” She said as she wrapped her arm around one of my pillows and curled up into my covers.

I started to walk out of the room.

“Stay with me for awhile,” Carolyn said.

I sat down by the bed and held her hand.

“Could you ever see us married?” She asked.

The M word. It caught me by surprise. I didn’t know what to say in return.

“I shouldn’t have said that,” She said. “I apologize.”

“No, you just caught me off guard, that’s all,” I replied.

I held her hand for the longest time until I was sure she was fast asleep. I gently tucked it under the covers and left the room. It is so nice having her over here. I know I should be cautious, but I get so lonely for female company. My family would die if I were to marry a woman ten years my senior. I wonder if I and Carolyn have a future or will remain fuck buddies. Either way, I am glad she is over here and in my bed.

No comments: