Sunday, November 11, 2007

Smokes and Cokes

There was a knock upon my door this morning. Sleepily, I awoke to answer it. Maggie went completely ape-shit bananas that we had company.

"I was so worried about you," my mother said, greeting me as I opened it. She came barging in carrying bags of food and care. "I've got you a carton of cigarettes, sodas, and some frozen food. I worry you don't have enough to eat and I know how miserable you will be without your smokes and cokes."

I looked at the bags of food and boxes of soda and was astonished. This show of care was completely out of the blue. My mother tends to be aloof about such things. The cigarettes couldn't have come at a better time as I was down to four packs of cigars and I needed sodas as well -- ever addicted.

"I love you," my mother said. "I just want your life to be comfortable. I worry about you sitting over here all alone without any money. I don't see how you do it at all. I wish your father would give you enough money to at least buy some food and drinks."

I gave my mother a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and said, "You are the best mom in the whole world!!!"

It is going to be a fine Sunday morning. I am absolutely elated to have such creature comforts on this fine day! More manna from heaven! I am going to settle in for a wonderful and comfortable day of writing, emailing, and reading. A burning cigarette and a Coca-Cola by my side. My favorite pastimes. Oh, the unbridled joy!!!


17 comments:

Ryan said...

Ah, you've made me hungry for beef now.

Beautifully Profound said...

Yayyyy, food, drink and spoils! It's a happy Sunday!

justLacey said...

Mom to the rescue! What a wonderful thing to do and I bet she enjoyed doing it almost as much as you enjoyed receiving it.

Anonymous Boxer said...

I'm a fan of Marie Callender, that's for sure.

Have a great Sunday.

KYRIE said...

Looking at those packages makes me almost wish I am not a vegan right now! Ah the temptations tht abound!
Enjoy ur food and drinks!

I am out of soda myself, trying to make do with coffee :)

Anonymous said...

JUST GET A FUCKING JOB AND QUIT BEING SUCH A PUSSY! YOU ARE 35 YEARS OLD FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

Cheryl said...

What bounty. Your lean days are over, finally.

Enjoy this day. It's brilliantly sunny out my way.

Summer said...

TYM LOVES Marie Callender!
BTW, what does your father expect you to eat?

mago said...

Have a good sunday, mine is nearly over. And what is that package that reads "Tombstone" on it?

Andrew said...

Mago,

It is a frozen supreme pizza. One of my favorites!

Josie Two Shoes said...

There is nothing like a mother's love for her son, Andrew. I'm just delighted that she came by with this bounty for you this morning. I'm sure she was relieved to find you doing just fine!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Andrew this is a bit off the subject of food but I wanted you to know that your post of the video with you just walking and walking through-out your house, being so frustrated, helped me to understand your illness more than anything you've said. It actually let me "see" inside your mind for a bit. Your medications are essential but maybe not ALL of them. Consult with your doctor and see if you can go off a few of them. But expect to feel a little 'off' while your body de-toxifies. Please don't make decisions to stop any of your meds without your doctor's approval. As for the cruel comments...obviously none of these people realize what its like for you. Don't judge them as they have judged you.

Iris Blue said...

You used to have a tab down at the diner that your Dad set up so you could have a good meal every day. Is that over with now?

Andrew said...

Iris,

The food was very fattening and I was gaining lots of weight. I have control issues and would eat everything they put on the to-go plate. I think I still have $14 dollars on my tab, but it has been so long...

Anonymous said...

The diner couldn't be more fattening than processed food and cokes.

Kelly Jene said...

Your mom is great. Her love shows through in getting you what you need and want. Enjoy! That beef looks yummy. Marie Callenders is good stuff!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Got to love our mom's right? Good for you!!
Happy yesterday Sunday!!!!
I'll share the tombstone with you!!
Always,
Crusty~
Have you ever tried Jack's pizza's? Those are quite good too!