Thursday, November 15, 2007

Green Amidst a Winter's Gloom...

I was lying in the grass a moment ago trying to get a bottom-up shot of a fiery red Japanese maple in the sunlight, awaiting Rosa's and Allyssa's arrival. This little tuberous plant caught my eye. Most likely a lily sprouting up confused by our recent warmth.





Let's add a filter! The paint daub filter! Photoshop can be so much fun. Zoom in for the full effects. Looks like a painting, doesn't it?

Let's crop, copy, and paste a little corner that caught my eye. The sky. The fence post. The green of the lily. The olive brown of the tree. It looks so surreal!


My shot of that Japanese maple laying in the grass. I love the way the sun was peeking through those fiery red leaves.

14 comments:

Ryan said...

You might call it winter's gloom, but I can't see a cloud in the sky there!

Andrew said...

Ryan,

It's the drab brown, lifeless colors that get to me and cause the doldrums. It is a beautiful day after a stormy night, though. The wind is harsh today. Cold. Blustery. Brisk.

Jessica said...

Yay, more pictures! :)
Have a good day.

impromptublogger said...

If it's a nice day why don't you take Allyssa for a walk? Children love exploring and it is a way for her to get her excess energy out. They also love playing with cameras...

P.S. My dd's name is also Alyssa (spelled a little differently)

Chandira said...

I'm so glad you got a camera! This is turning into a photoblog! ;-)

That paint effect is great, I have never used photoshop, that looks like fun. I only have the real basic setup here.

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos!

Debbie said...

you are very talented Andrew! you have a keen eye for the beauty in the simplest of things. i am really enjoying your photos.

Jbeeky said...

Love the maple tree picture, great colors!

Kelly Jene said...

Gorgeous! Fascinating changes you can make nowadays. I feel so behind the times. I love that final shot... looks warm and inviting.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I cannot get over your camera, and your talen with your camera! If we lived close, I'd pay you to take our family picture.. :)
Always,
Crusty~

Ryan said...

I love pplaying with the Photoshop filters too. So many things to do; I especially use the plastic wrap effect, like I have in my header.

AlabamaGal said...

Beautiful photos and great job with photoshop too!

It was cold today in North Alabama too. Brrr.

-Michelle

Tee said...

The photos with the filter look like they are watercolors.

Deb said...

Andrew, that Japanese maple shot is perfectly glorious :=)