Monday, July 26, 2010

Bad Me, I Put Off Working…

My Benefactor just called last hour.

“Can you come and trim some undergrowth?” he asked. “I will pay you $50 dollars to do it.”

This will probably be the last bit of work available to do on his house and yard for awhile other than mowing his lawn.  We have really got his yard looking nice – no more complaints from the city.

“Can I come after I get off of work at nine tomorrow?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said.

It is already blazing hot and I have my processor coming today and want to be at the house when they deliver it.  I shouldn’t have put off tomorrow what I can do today, but I hope it will be cooler if I start earlier.  It is going to be another tough, sweaty job.

I just looked online and my package is in Lagrange just 16 miles away.  It says “in transit”. I am hoping the FedEx guy will be here any moment now.  I haven’t been so excited about a purchase since I got my iPod for Christmas.  The processor is going to be overkill for what I use my computer for, but it’s a hobby.  An expensive hobby if you like to keep your computer updated.  My next purchase will be two fast video cards in SLI.  That will cost around $400 dollars.  I better get saving.  I have so many purchases I want to make these days.

Hey Beautiful…

Kim was dressed so beautiful today when she arrived at work at eight.  I was out in the parking lot gathering up a scattering of carts when she surprised me.

“What are we doing tonight?” she asked me.

“Anything as long as it’s with you,” I told her.

“Awww, you are so sweet,” she swooned.

“Let’s go to that new Sushi place downtown tonight.  My treat,” I told her.

“Sounds like a plan,” Kim replied. “I better go clock in.”

“I’ll see you tonight!”

She really did look beautiful.  For a heavier woman, she carries herself well.  She had on this black short sleeved top with a v-neck that made her look much slimmer than she really is and some grey slacks that accentuated her sexy butt.  She had on her Invicta lady's watch with the cat on the face which fascinates me.  I’ve always wanted to own an Invicta watch.  Around her neck, was a plain herringbone silver necklace.  She also had on some silver hoop earrings that accentuated her blonde hair. 

Processors Aren’t the Only Thing Being Delivered…

Mom arrived with groceries a moment ago as I was writing this post.  I quit and went out to get my groceries in from the trunk.

“How was work?” mom asked as I gathered up several bags.

“It was steady which was nice,” I replied. “The four hours flew by.”

Mom got me my staples.  She also got me five of those “steam to perfection” pasta bowls.  I have never found a frozen meal that tastes better.  Mom came in to see Maggie which just thrilled Maggie to death.  Most of the time, mom will just sit in the car.

“You’ve lost weight,” I told her. “You can tell it in your butt.”

“Really?” mom said looking excited. “I’ve tried so hard lately.”

Sometimes, a little encouragement is all we need.  And mom is looking better.  I can’t keep from thinking that if we got mom off Zyprexa then the weight would just fall off her.  It is renowned for causing weight gain and diabetes. 

11 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I remember a time (not so long ago) that you would have dropped everything and gone to trim that underbrush. The only reason being that you didn't want to risk a confrontation.

Now you set your schedule to suit what is convenient for your needs! All these little things piled on top of each other sure do add up to huge, major changes for the better.

I know that I keep repeating myself, but this is just all so wonderful for you. Makes me so glad that you had the nerve to take that first BIG step!

You're doing so well!
Grannie

C.A. said...

When do we get to see Kim? :) It would be great to have a picture of the two of you together, smiling happily!

Sharyna said...

You have to stay home for your delivery! FedEx will just take it back to the barn if you don't sign!

kristi said...

Kim sounds so pretty, I would love to see a picture!!

kristi said...

LOL, I just read the other comment about wanting to see a photo of Kim!

forsythia said...

When you said "delivered" I thought for a moment that maybe Maggie had puppies. All you need right now. :-)
Now I have to find out what an Invicta watch is. So hard to keep up with everything these days.

Tee said...

It is too hot to be working in the yard. The heat index is in the dangerous level today, well at least over here in GA and I suspect it is the same way in AL.

It is always so exciting to receive a package in the mail (or FedEx). Yep, you have to be home to sign for the delivery or they won't leave it.

I LOL at your comment to you mom about her weight. You might want to encourage her to try your doctor to see if she can get off some of her meds. Then your dad would really have a rubber duck.

justLacey said...

I think it was a good idea to put the yard work off to a cooler time. I would also like to see a picture of you and Kim together. I am anxious to meet her!

LM said...

Tee has THE best suggestions. I agree with her about encouraging your Mom to schedule an appointment with your doctor.

You should be so proud of yourself and all your accomplishments, Andrew. Way to go!

Syd said...

It was hot as hades here today. In the back yard, it was 101 F. That is too hot to do much of anything yard wise. Hope the dinner with Kim went well.

Sharon said...

Are you going to take Kim with you to Horsefly's birthday bbq? Or is it too soon to subject her to your family? I'll bet your Mom would love to meet her. :)