Sunday, July 25, 2010

Couldn’t Sit Still…

  • I mowed my neighbor, Mr Ed’s, lawn this afternoon.  God, it was hot! I should’ve done it early this morning.  He has just gotten too old to do it being in his eighties.  I didn’t ask for payment.  I told him just to bring his older Boston terrier, Dixie, over to play with Maggie sometimes in the fence.  I said it would thrill Maggie’s soul.
  • Speaking of dogs, Kim brought Sadie over this afternoon to see Maggie.  They had a good time play fighting – carrying on like only a couple of crazy dogs can do.  They were instant friends.   Kim also told me she couldn’t stay mad at me and she said she loved me.  It was the first time she had used that word in our new relationship.  I was elated and told her I loved her back.  I really do.  I have fallen helplessly and hopelessly in love with that woman in just a few short weeks.
  • Mom is obsessing that I am going to lose my disability. That’s what’s going on with her these days.  She has called me three times this afternoon asking how to look up the disability guidelines on the Internet.  I am hoping by reading them, and her seeing that I am not breaking any rules, that it will put her at peace.  Dad has been feeding her lots of anti-Andrew independence propaganda making mom paranoid about me and my new life. 
  • Dad gave me some stern warnings that he is going to retire soon and that I needed to be extra careful about my current course of action.  “You’re playing with fire!” he told me. “My income is going to greatly lessened and I will be unable to bail you out or keep you in cars.”  I calmly told him I was 38 years old and could take care of myself these days.  He didn’t like hearing it, but it needed to be said.  I am capable of supporting myself.  I don’t need to be coddled anymore. 
  • My medication costs will soon go from $1300 dollars a month to $200 dollars a month.  Aren’t you excited taxpayers? lol
  • I am cooking dinner tonight for Kim.  I bought a pizza crust and am making a supreme pizza for supper.  We are also going to have a salad. I am making some homemade blue cheese dressing which Kim told me was her favorite.  I am also very fond of it as well.
  • I spent most of the morning reading magazines as I watched the WeatherNow channel.  It was such a peaceful morning and I needed the rest.  Does anybody realize how busy my life has gotten lately compared to just a few short weeks ago?  I went from 0 to 100 in three weeks time.
  • Spent some time taking apart an old computer this afternoon and putting it back together – cleaning the parts of dust.  I crossed my fingers as I pushed the power button and it fired to life.  It took 30 minutes to install WindowsXP.  This is going to be my emergency backup computer if my good computer fails.   I can’t live without blogging. 
  • Lots of showers around us according to the radar, but none in our county.  I was sorely disappointed when all hell didn’t break loose weatherwise today.  A strong high pressure is over us capping the storms. 
  • My laptop quit a few months ago.  I have missed sitting on the porch in the early mornings with it dearly browsing wirelessly.  I think I have managed to narrow down the cause.  A bad stick of SDRAM.  I ordered a cheap stick and it should be here next week.  RAM is so cheap these days compared to years ago when I repaired computers all the time when I was married. 
  • Tomorrow starts back work.  I look forward to it.  This is the first job in my life that I have ever looked forward to working.  My job really is simple and straightforward.  A moron could do it.  I suits my initial return to work just fine.  I just couldn’t make a “gainful wage” working it as Social Security puts it.
  • Charlie came and got me this morning to go fix Janice’s computer.  Her email wasn’t working.  It was a simple fix.  Charlie supplied me with ample diet Cokes for the day from the fridge in his basement in payment.  I still have to be careful with how many caffeinated drinks I drink per day.  I much prefer just my six in the morning and Crystal Light for the rest of the day.
  • A new Sushi place has opened up downtown.  Kim and I are both eager to try it out.  That will be a goal for one night this week.  Ah, tuna rolls!  Downtown is really thriving with the opening of the new Kia plant nearby.  A lot of Korean restaurants have set up shop as well.

7 comments:

glittermom said...

Yes you are like a new person..Its amazing how you have come around to a normal functioning man..I applaude you sir....

forsythia said...

We had an "end-of-the-world" rainstorm this afternoon. Poured buckets. The taxpayers are delighted that you've been able to cut back on your meds.

kristi said...

I am listening to thunder right now,but no rain so far.

Happyone :-) said...

Your life seems to have turned around. I am so happy for you! :-)
Enjoy!

Lena said...

I can't believe it has only been 3 weeks since you have made all these new changes in your life. Amazing.

Just curious... does Kim know about your blog?

Syd said...

Being in love is the best feeling. It is something to savor!

justLacey said...

I am delighted for you that you are able to cut back the cost of your meds. Go Andrew!