Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cumulus Field, How I Love Ya!

  • The cumulus cloud field is already looking impressive for so early in the morning.  Storms are erupting in central Alabama this hour.  Maybe this is the harbinger of storms for later in the day.  I can only hope.
  • My supervisor asked me to work an extra hour this morning.  The second shift guy said he was running late and wouldn’t be on time.  My manager has a terrible time finding reliable help to do my job.  I actually ended up goofing off for the hour with nothing to do.  I had gotten caught up pretty early today. Her worries were for naught.
  • I spent my last hour talking to Derrick in electronics.  I know I’ve said it before, but he is so androgynous.  He looks like your stereotypical butch lesbian.  I seem to have this knack for filling my life with interesting fringe people.  We talked computer talk – mainly about computer gaming video cards and how far they’ve advanced in just a few short years.
  • Kim loved her flowers.  She said the whole time she was married her husband never once sent her flowers.  She said the girls at work were so jealous and they said I was a keeper.  She also loved her gift certificate to get her manicure and pedicure.  She is going today to get them done when she gets off of work around four.  It made me feel like a million bucks to do that for her.  Sometimes giving can be better than getting I am learning.
  • These “This and That” type posts are my version of lazy blogging.  I find them far easier and more pleasurable to write than my more “conversational” posts.  I am just being entirely lazy and will try to change that.
  • George writes just about every day.  Today, I had two letters in the mailbox from him.  He was writing about his favorite times of the day being meal call when he got to leave his cell to be hustled to the prison cantina to eat.  He said breakfast is the best and his favorite meal although he never wants to eat powdered eggs again.  He also wrote his cellmate has been sulking with him for weeks now since he told him to shut up.  He said shopping in the commissary is also a pleasure and he has gotten hooked on caffeine from the sodas he buys every week.
  • George also wrote of seeing the prison psychiatrist and he prescribed him a new drug to help with alcohol cravings for when he gets out of jail.  I wrote back to George this morning to write me all about how he feels on the drug once he starts taking it.  George said the drug was called Naltrexone and it comes in an injection.
  • My business cards for my yardcare business arrived today.  I plan on passing them out to every house I visit today – putting them on doors of the houses that don’t answer.  Well, I better go get to work.  It is hot today, but I am feeling very able anxiety wise and better capitalize on this good feeling and get some work done.  I want 10 regular customers by next week.  That is my new goal.     

8 comments:

Annabel said...

I certainly don't mind the this and that posts. I still like hearing about all the little things going on in your life. I'm very happy for you these days. Glad life is going so well.

I knew the flowers would be a hit - you can't go wrong with flowers.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

There are a lot of us out here who are just tickled to death by the simple, easy things. A kind word at the right time, mixed flowers, silly liittle surprises often can mean more than some fancy, expensive present.

I certainly hope George is serious about staying sober. I'd hate for him to break his mom's heart by going back to jail! He's gonna need to lean on you for sure.

I wish more people had the desire and drive that you have! I hope you realize just how remarkable it is to accomplish what you have in such a short time.

Man, you're good at whatever you set your mind to, aren't ya!?

I'm sure enjoying watching you bloom!
Grannie

Gulf Coast said...

Get all the work you can, Andrew...The Fall season will be here which may cause your clients to scaleback on the yard work.

Judy said...

You sound like you are doing GREAT. I have been reading you for a long time and I never remember you doing this well and for so long. I am very happy for you!!

Syd said...

Glad that Kim liked the flowers and the gift certificate. Good for you.

justLacey said...

I like the this and that posts as well. I so look forward now to coming home and seeing what you have been up to during the day. I am really happy for you.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Both the "this and that" and the longer form posts are greatly enjoyable and informative. I suggest you continue to do what "feels right" to you each time you log on to post.

Wishing you continued joy and happiness sir! It is wonderful to see and read about! Even though it is not reasonable to expect EVERY day to be so grand, having a lion's share of grand days is wonderful to see!

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

Tee and Hubby said...

Love the bullet paragraph posts. You can cover a lot of territory with this type post.