Thursday, July 15, 2010

It’s Something to Think About…

rx3744_6bfi8bfj8efjjlk8zfpni8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fi87fdk8atfxs3aw8tufhxxxxxx “There’s going to be an opening soon in electronics,” the androgynous Derrick told me this morning. “You would be perfect for the job with what you know.”

I thanked Derrick for the insider info, but I think I will stay at pulling in shopping carts.  That way I don’t have to deal with the public much which will be easier on my anxiety.  Also, I would hate to cause my supervisor distress.  She has a hard time finding people to do my job at the rate it pays, the hours, and with the heat of summer.  She has been so nice and accommodating to me and my disability I would hate to let her down.

Work was very slow again today.  I have come to realize this is the norm.  Those busy days when I first starting working were a fluke.  I am content to spend time in electronics occasionally helping a customer with questions.  I am always Omni-prescient of the cart situation, though.

dragon-age-origins-PC I bought Dragon Age Origins on sale today looking forward to possibly getting back into playing video games although I rarely have the time to play these days.  I love fantasy adventure games and abhor those first person shooters that are all the rage with video game enthusiasts these days. 

I have also picked out a Blackberry Storm as my first cellphone.  It is $49.99 with a one year service plan contract.  Derrick highly recommends it saying it is the phone he owns.  I can’t wait to get to Twitter at work as I wander.  I also can’t wait to get to keep up with the weather radar at work.  My debit card should be here tomorrow or Saturday and then the deal is done.  If the Blackberry does all it is supposed to do Internet wise then I will not need an iPod Touch.  That will be a lot of money saved. $275 dollars worth.

2924124691_7013922a6c

The Scooter Obsession…

1989HondaElite250 I have always loved motorcycles and scooters.  My neighbor has a Honda Elite 250 scooter for sale.  He wants $750 dollars for it.  I am so anxious to buy this thing to ride to work and save gas.  It will also save wear and tear on my aging car.  I told him late yesterday evening as we were looking at it that it would take me a few months to get up the money.  He said he would hold it for as long as he could.  Could I be the new proud owner of a fairly new Honda Elite scooter?  A few months time will tell.  I am quickly accumulating money with both my jobs.  Especially the yard care job which is paying extremely well these days.  

George’s Letter Today…

letterwriting “Now that you’ve got a job, have you gotten laid yet?” George wrote today.  “A working man is more likely to get some pussy.  Women like that kind of thing.  It gets them excited.  I think it would go a long way to solving your mental health problems.  You’re backed up.”

I roared with laughter after reading that.  George is such a card.  He is yet to get my blog posts I have mailed to him about Kim.  There is a several day lag in the mail between our conversations.   I am not sure, though, that getting some “pussy” will solve all my anxiety issues, but they do say sex is a natural anti-depressant.  It might make me more upbeat than I already am these days. :-)

Healthcare Happenings…

I got my insurance cards from mom.

“What are you going to do with them?” she asked me at lunch after work. “Be sure not to lose them!”

“I am getting me a new psychiatrist,” I replied. “A nice female psychiatrist down in Auburn.”

Mom was very intrigued telling me to let her know how it goes.  She might want to change her doctor to this lady as well.  It would be nice to see mom take a more active role in her mental healthcare.  Mom is like me and is on a plethora of psychotropic medications that have made her fat and sleepy all the time.

I called a moment ago and got an appointment for next week with this new doctor.  I am going to wrestle control of my healthcare away from my father and into my own hands.  I feel this is a basic inalienable human right I have that shouldn’t be infringed upon. My hopes are to whittle down my medications to a more acceptable level and get a new diagnosis.  I really don’t think I am schizoaffective or schizophrenic at all.  Asperger’s syndrome and generalized anxiety disorder is seeming more and more likely the more I read about them.    

I also want a solution to my sexual dysfunction.  From what I’ve read, the most likely culprit is some of the anti-depressants I am taking.  Risperdal has never caused this.  It has been a medication added in the past two years after Rosa and I broke up.  I was fine when we were dating. 

8 comments:

glittermom said...

I think a new dr. is a good idea..and without your father in the room you wont be afraid to talk of your problems...it would be a good idea if your dr. had the records from your current dr. so she had some idea of what might be going on with you...

Sharyna said...

George may be right, what do we know? lol Good for you, finding a new dr! You need to be able to talk to your dr uninhibited! Dad is going to have a fit when he finds out you have your med cards! But he hasn't had a real fit yet, with your new independence, so maybe all will be well...

Lena said...

Go Andrew! Glad u are reading up!

At some point, you may be ready for that electronics job. You would be great at that.

Syd said...

George lays it out so to speak. Good luck with phones, electronics, sex, and psychiatrists. You have a lot going on dude.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

You do know that as soon as dad gets home, mom will tell him about your new doctor. That should be an interesting conversation!

See what I mean about the difference between the way George talks about sex - and the way you should just talk about relationships? What if he was talking about your sister? Or Kim? Yeah, HUGE difference!

OMG a scooter! I've been wanting one, too - but my husband seems to think it's way too dangerous for a 63 year old woman to be out scooting around! What a kill joy he is!

My son has the Blackberry Storm and LOVES it - according to him it's a great choice! Be careful using the extras . . they can run the bill up if they are not included in your plan!

It may be slow at work right now - - but it's almost time for school. The store will be packed - and carts will be everywhere! Then before long the holidays will sneak up on us, etc. I don't think slow will be the norm for long.

Good decision about working in electronics. You would probably get me (or someone like me) for your first customer. I know nothing about electronics - and would ask 536 simple minded questions that most 8 year olds could answer. If you aren't crazy now, you would be then!

Overall - - another wonderful day with fantastic decisions and nothing but good things to look forward to!!

Yippee!!!!
Grananie

Tee said...

It's not going to be slow at work for long. When all those back to school shoppers swarm on Wal-Mart you will be working your buns off. It's probably going to get crazy.

Jenn said...

My husband has a Honda Ruckus that he rides to work every day and loves it! And it's like $3 to fill the tank once a month.

reaganalabama said...

If you don't want that scooter, i do! please let me know!