Friday, July 30, 2010

Just for the Kitties to Maggie’s Chagrin…

  • Mom called me as I was driving home from work.  “I bought 50 pounds of kitty litter on sale and I can’t get it in the house!” she told me.  I laughed.  Mom is so obsessive compulsive.  “Well, it was on sale and I had coupons and thought I would stock up.” I drove over and helped mom get the kitty litter in the house.  I heard Helen groan as I carried them into the pantry as changing the cat’s numerous litter boxes is her least favorite task.
  • Mom and I then took my car to West Point Tire and Auto to get my oil changed and my brakes worked on.  She is insisting on paying for this despite me vehemently protesting.   She then brought me home and now I am without a car and it’s a good excuse just to goof off and not fool with my yard care business today.  We have all kinds of heat advisories out for today so sometimes things work out for the best.
  • Kim said she wasn’t feeling good this morning when she arrived at work. “Bipolar related stuff,” she told me with a weak grin. “I couldn’t sleep last night worried about anything and everything.”  She said she is obsessing about starting a diet and joining Weight Watchers.  I told her she looks just fine like she is and didn’t need to change a thing.  “But I run out of breath walking the long walk into work,” she told me in reply.  I didn’t comment realizing I was on shaky ground.
  • George wrote me today that my having regular sex now solved all my problems mentally.  I couldn’t help but laugh and shake my head as I read.  He has been saying that for years now.  George also wrote to tell me the blog is fantastic and fascinating.  He wants me send pictures of Kim. He said heavier women like Pookie and Kim make better lovers. “There’s more to love!” LOL!!!
  • I haven’t been writing about Helen Friday’s as mom and dad are both on diets and Helen has been cooking the most bland diet food.  Low sodium. Low fat. Low taste.  Little color.  We have had baked chicken breasts for two weeks in a row now.  I hope today will be better and maybe I can put some pictures up of Helen’s cooking.
  • I felt so well mentally yesterday that it was amazing.  It was probably the best day I have had in many, many years.  Today is proving to be the same with me feeling very well.   I find myself grinning alot these days and it is nice – taking joys out of the simple pleasures of life.  There is still some anxiety – mostly just anxiety about having anxiety oddly enough.  I actually have more anxiety these days about things going back to way they were and how miserable I was mentally.  It is a Catch-22 it seems.
  • I visited 12 houses trying to mow lawns for my yardcare business yesterday.  Only one person wanted me to mow their lawn, but I left business cards with all the people I visited.  I am hoping to get some calls in a few weeks.  The business card idea was excellent!  Thanks to those of you that suggested it.  I also left a stack of business cards on the counter near the cash registers at my father’s pharmacy as well.  Maybe a few folks will pick up a card and call.
  • I grow increasingly more aggravated at The Weather Channel at every passing day.  Today it was wall to wall grizzly bear attacks.  “What does this have to do with the weather?” I thought.  I was interested in seeing where the cold front was and how it was going to affect our weather the next few days. I never did find out where the cold front was after watching for over twenty minutes. They need to start calling themselves The Boring News Channel (with a dash of weather thrown in).  The Local on the Eights is their saving grace for me and the only real reason I watch these days.
  • They have a zero percent chance for rain for us today.  That usually means the weather guessers have gotten it wrong and it will rain.  I am already seeing showers pop up on the radar a few counties away.  The high temperature is supposed to be 100 with a heat index of 110.  Scorching!
  • I watched CNN and Fox News for awhile last night.  The news they report is so terrible, gossipy, and depressing.  I reminded myself why I don’t keep up with the news.  I have found if news is important, it finds me instead of me looking for it.    
  • One thing I am learning about dating again is that women are extremely complicated and sensitive creatures.  I have to be so careful of what I say or do as not to cause hurt feelings or misunderstandings.  It can be a very delicate dance being in a relationship – especially since you are rusty after years of bachelorhood and being single.  Sometimes I feel like the proverbial bull in the china shop.  Kim is so emotional and I am not sure if it is just bipolar related or just a common symptom of most women as I have forgotten.  I tend to be much more laidback and let things roll off my back more easily relationship wise.  If Kim says something caustic to me, I will laugh not believing it.  if I do it to her, she will sulk and not talk to me.  You just can’t win sometimes.   
  • I have gotten in the habit of driving over around 8pm to get my nightly diet Cokes.  I only allow myself six a day much to dad’s amazement.  He thought I would stay hopped up on caffeine all the time when I started working again. It is my most pleasurable ritual to wake up about 3:30am, drink my diet cokes, listen to Coast to Coast AM, and pace the floor vigorously.  I always open up the house to the outside and turn on my fan in the laundry room.  Such a nice way to start the day! 

9 comments:

glittermom said...

Hows Joyces cat? Will Charlie adopt it if he buys the house...I always feel sorry for pets when their owner dies...they dont understand, but I think they miss them..

forsythia said...

Your posts are such fun to read these days. Not that they weren't interesting before, but they're a lot more fun these days. All the cat litter! i can relate.

kristi said...

I am sure my husband feels the same way about me, I am a Gemini and tend to have two personalities..LOL. Most days I am happy go lucky though. We have been together for 16 years so we have learned what does and does not work.

I decided to lose weight because I have high blood pressure and was having a lot of out of breath moments and heart palpitations. Now I have lost over 20 pounds and I no longer have high blood pressure and no longer have those heart palpitations. Totally worth it!!

Sharon said...

We women do tend to be emotional creatures. In Kim's case it might be bi-polar related to some degree, but remember that hormones fluctuate throughout the month, and that could cause some of it as well.

Tee said...

Yep, we women are complicated creatures. You were a wise man not commenting about her weight and being out of breath. Very wise! It is way too hot to be out cutting grass today. We have had a heat advisory here in GA.

The cat litter cracked me up!

You are doing soooo well!!!!!

justLacey said...

Didn't I tell you George would say that? I think most women are more sensitive and the bipolar doesn't help. Just try to be compassionate and don't try to solve every little problem. Sometimes we are just looking for a little sympathy and some love.
I agree with George that your blog is fascinating lately and I am happy to see your dad coming around too. Life is good eh?

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Sometimes I get really angry about the situation that you find yourself in these days. It's almost like coming out of a coma - relearning everything that you used to know!

How to deal with people. How to handle money. How to do all the normal day to day activities that most of us take for granted.

I am so pleased that you have been able to take all of this newfound responsibility on your shoulders and handle it so very well. You have accomplished more in the past month than most people do in years of trying.

Congratulations on being you!

Love ya,
Grannie

Berryvox said...

I have the same problem with the Travel Channel. A lot of their shows are food-obsessed. If I wanted food shows, I'd watch the Food Network. :/ For awhile, they were showing poker tournaments and "Ghost Adventures" is also on it. What do poker and ghosts have to do with travel?!?

Syd said...

My thoughts are to not walk on eggshells around Kim. Be yourself. The passive aggressive sulking will get old. Maybe she is co-dependent. Having good communication is essential. Men and women are wired differently but a good relationship is based on trust, respect, and communicating.