Thursday, July 29, 2010

More This and That…

  • Things are going really well these days.  I haven’t felt better in many years – basically my whole life.  My outlook on life is so optimistic these days.  I feel the world is my oyster.  I am still having some anxiety, but it is manageable with my new medications.  The Paxil is working wonders for my social anxiety.  I am feeling so gregarious and adventurous socially these days.
  • Kim and Sadie stayed over all day yesterday afternoon after she got off of work.  Our only trip was to the grocery store to get some Stouffer’s lasagna and Texas toast for supper.  She was much more upbeat than the night previously.  Kim brought her laptop and we both spent a bunch of time on the Internet just enjoying each other’s presence in the room.  She and I both just relaxed.  It was nice.
  • I took down the video of me because I thought it was too voyeuristic and stupid.  I felt self conscious about it.  It was also poor quality and I didn’t put much effort into fixing that.
  • The manager of Kroger called me yesterday asking if I had changed my mind about the job.  He said he was really impressed with my interview.  That made me feel good, but I told him I better stay at Wal-Mart for the time being.  I am absolutely loving my hours at work.  I am such an early morning person.  Late afternoons are when I have the most problems anxiety wise.
  • Now that I have control of my medications, I am finding it hard to resist not to take an extra Klonopin or two at the slightest hint of anxiety.  I know I must resist as I will run out of pills at the end of the month and need them to successfully work my job and make it through the day.
  • It is the perfect temperature in my house right now at 79 degrees.  I have all my windows and doors open to the outside world and am enjoying listening to Coast to Coast AM and all the nighttime insects.  The chorus of a Southern summer night is so beautiful and music to my ears.
  • I am so glad Mary K is back to writing her other blog about her experiences with diabetes and RA.  I feel like I am getting to know her better through that blog.  I want to share with her her experiences and her trials and tribulations.
  • For months, I have been using Windows Vista which came with my Dell. I installed Windows 7 last night and am giving it another try.  My computer wasn’t sleeping successfully with Vista and now that is fixed.  Thank goodness!
  • I only slept 4 hours tonight, but it was a sound sleep.  I slept so hard that I didn’t move all night and my hip is hurting from sleeping on it too hard.  I had a pillow between my legs and never rolled over. 
  • Mrs. Florene called me last night with the wonderful news that George goes in front of the parole board on Thursday, September 9th.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will parole him.  George had a lot of felony charges, but he has been a model prisoner.  I want my best friend home safe and sound and back to his old, crazy ways.  He will have to wear an alcohol monitoring device for 6 months Mrs. Florene said. 
  • Dad has really lightened up about me and my new life.  He told me last night that he loved me dearly and just wants me to be happy.  “I’ve been too hard on you,” he said. “I am sorry.  I’ve put too much pressure on you over the years.”
  • Dad bought the biggest LCD big screen television you have ever seen.  It is truly a marvel.  The only problem?  He can’t figure out how to turn in on most of the time.  That made me laugh when he had me drive over late last night to show him how to turn on the digital cable and the TV.  I am still astounded he can turn on his computer and get on the Internet. 
  • After work, I plan on focusing my efforts today and drumming up more customers for my yardcare business.  I now have 7 regular customers that get their lawn’s mowed every two weeks.  I want be eventually busy enough that I mow lawns everyday and not just a few days every two weeks.  When my lawn care business gets so busy as to support me fulltime then I will quit my job at Wal-Mart.  This will probably take a year, though, I surmise.  I want to be my own boss so badly.  Just like my father.  I’ve got a lot of him in me much to his chagrin. :-)
  • Derrick, the guy from work who works in electronics, called me yesterday asking about my new processor.  I fell over myself telling him about my new “VelociRaptor” drive on the way.  He was intrigued that I like to upgrade my computers myself much like him.  He is a big gamer, though, which I am not.  I just can’t play video games these days.  They bore me intensely.  Too tedious!  It is nice having a guy friend to talk to that has similar interests as me.  He has become a good friend.  
  • Well, it is 4:15am and I better get dressed and ready for work.  I will write again this afternoon most likely.  I have goofed off enough for the morning.

8 comments:

Leann said...

Hey Andrew!! Wow, lots of changes since I was here last.

Hope you had a great day at work!!

justLacey said...

I think the anxiety is normal and will pass little by littlr. I used to have anxiety, but not I gauge the pressure in my life with migraines, especially the aura ones because I know they are caused by stress. I have had quite a few in the last weeks and I know it has to do with my job ending and looking for another one. I am really a creature of habit and the last year has been something I never expected. Although I think I have managed to cope pretty well, I know the migraines are a way of telling me that things are not quite right in my own mind. I know that they will pass though as will your anxiety attacks. Hold off on the Klonipin if you can learn to cope on your own without them, that will be priceless for the rest of your life.
I love reading about all your daily adventures in life. I am also looking forward to George coming home. Won't he be shocked to see all you have accomplished! He will tell that it is all due to the cleaning of your pipes though, lol.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

It's so nice to hear the joy in your writing!

And look how well you handled Mr. Kroger! Hey - you're in demand!! Who knew?!

Keep at it my friend - it's such a pleasure to see someone so happy these days.

Grannie

glittermom said...

sounds like you have two great friends..all because you took charge of your life..also glad your dad is coming around..the change is just amazing..

Happyone :-) said...

I am so glad to hear that your dad is coming around. :-)

Syd said...

Good stuff going for you now. That is cool.

Mary K said...

Thanks! XD
I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is easing up on you. That is good news.

Tee said...

You did so well with Mr. Kroger. Your job at Wal-Mart is just right for you. Great hours (for you), access to all those wiggets in the electronics department and the friends you have made since you have been there. I know you want to have your own business, but the lawn care will be very slow in the winter time, the grass just doesn't grow that fast, but you could widen your tasks to cleaning gutters and pressure washing houses, even cleaning windows. While business is slow Wal-Mart will be perfect for you, giving you a steady income, because I know you haven't finished with your wish list of things you want to buy. :-)

I just cracked up about having to go and show your dad how to turn on his new TV, I can so relate. I'm so glad his has lightened up on you lately. I know he really loves you and wants the best for you, but I do understand him being really worried that you will lose your disability and his planned retirement and the anxiety that goes with going into retirement and the loss of income. I hope you will be able to work through the difficulties and he will see how well you are doing AND you can work (within the legal limits) and keep your disability so he won't stress so much.

Have a great day.