Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Charlie's Here Part Two...

Again, Maggie was so excited to see Charlie last night.  Charlie surprised me and brought a plate of supper his wife had cooked.  Janice is an awesome cook and cooks some of the best cornbread I have ever eaten (even better than Helen’s).   I had pot roast, creamed corn, black eyed peas, fried okra, cornbread, and a piece of chocolate pie Charlie had made.    Sorry the video was so short.  I wasn’t sure if Charlie would like being put on the web so I cut it off when he was coming inside.  He’s funny about such things.  
 

5 comments:

Lena said...

Kinda cool to hear Charlie's voice at least.

Does he know about your blog?

Andrew said...

Lena, he knows I write an online journal as he calls it. I doubt he reads the blog. He works for the government and I was kind of being paranoid about putting his face on the web. Just one of my quirks I guess.

forsythia said...

Okra. It must be a Southern thing. My husband loves it, but when he steams a medley of vegetables for us, I always fish out the okra and lay it aside.

Christina said...

Maggie climbing all over the chair was a hoot! Did she climb onto his lap? She sure is a pickle!

Joy Heather said...

That food sounds wonderful Andrew..its making me hungry..its lovely the way Maggie gets excited when she hears Charlie..it must make him happy..bless her.