Monday, December 14, 2009

Hills and Valleys...

I've felt so much better schizophrenia-wise lately.  This morning my head is so clear and keenly aware.  You don't know how lucky you are to have a well mind.  I feel so well that I am excited about the day to come.   Many days I can dread what may come mental health wise. 

Early this morning around five AM I went to get my Diet Cokes.  Mom leaves them on the back porch on days I feel I can drive.  I was so excited to get home and drink them!  The only mar was the one that was fizzed out.  That means I will get an extra one tomorrow!  Oh, the little joys in life.

Charlie came yesterday.  He is the only person that Maggie will lick on the face.  Maggie has boundaries you know, but not with Charlie.

"Were gonna let you have puppies and I want two or three!" Charlie told Maggie in baby talk.

Maggie squirmed and wiggled, and looked completely at bliss.  I didn't have the heart to tell Charlie Maggie was "fixed" at an early age.  

My walking campaign continues.  I told dad last night that I think the exercise is helping with my moods - making me more positive.  "You need something positive to look forward to and the exercise will do you good," he told me.  "Besides, it's good for Maggie, too!"

I get my Christmas tree this week.  I noticed my chicken bearing neighbors already have their's up and lit.  I am feeling left out.  Sniff, sniff!

6 comments:

LM said...

Andrew,
I haven't commented in a long time but I do read your blog regularly. You are SUCH an inspiration to more people than you realize. I wish you a blessed Christmas and the happiest New Year. Give Maggie a tummy rub for me!

LM

Andrew said...

Thank you LM. I really do appreciate it and thanks for reading. Comment more okay? I need people like you!

Joy Heather said...

So glad you are feeling better Andrew....keep it up.
Exercise is great for the mood swings i know that from experience...i am just in the process of putting up my own tree...i always feel more festive once thats done...give Maggie a hug from me.

Andrew said...

Joy, I gave Maggie a hug for you and a back scratch from me. She is watching out for mom for me. Mom is bringing a ham.

Jenn said...

I can't remember the story of how you got Maggie. If you have time, you should re-post it.

Andrew said...

Jenn, I think I will tell the tale of Maggie for tomorrow's blog post.