Saturday, December 19, 2009

Please Pray for Me...

It's that time in the two week cycle of my injected anti-psychotic that the medication levels slowly drop to zero before I get another shot.   I asked my psychiatrist about it the last time I saw him and he carefully explained the process to me.   He prescribed me extra Risperdal to get me through this tough time.   Well, dad is very leery of giving me extra medications these days so I probably won't get them this time.   Please pray for me as I am very scared right now.  I don't want to go back to that mental health hell that was my life a week ago.  I've done so well lately and I think you can see it on my blog.  I feel so very damn well right now and it is intoxicating.  I don't want to be in anguish or pain.

11 comments:

justLacey said...

I will pray for you and hope your dad can see that you need this medication. Maybe you should have your dr talk to him.

Andrew said...

Lacey, thank you and that is a very good idea!

Anonymous said...

Dont worry bro. Everythings gonna b fine. Merry christmas to u & ur family.
Praying...from India.

Andrew said...

Thank you anon in India. I apreciate it and Merry Christmas to you as well. Let's hope I can weather this interesting period with aplomb.

Joy Heather said...

You have been great lately Andrew..its as if you have turned a corner..i will pray for you as well...try not to dwell on what could happen..that only makes for anguish, and probably won't happen...your Dad would be so proud of you if you told him the things you have acheived....I have been through one of the worst weeks of my life this week..i felt as if i was going mad at one point..and tiredness as taken over, i need to drag myself out of this..please pray for me as i will for you.

mago said...

You'll ride that out.

Andrew said...

Joy, I am so sorry to hear about your rough week. I wish I live near and we would go out some night, watch a movie, eat dinner. Do friend type stuff and forget our troubles. My thoughts are with you!

Mago, lets hope so! I've got my fingers crossed nothing happens!

Maire said...

Andrew, has the Dr. spoken to your Dad about this? I'd hate to see you go through a hard time over the holidays...
Be well,
Maire

Irishcoda said...

I'll pray for you Andrew. I think it's great advice to get your doctor to talk to your dad so he understands that you need the meds.

Andrew said...

Maire, dad thinks he is a doctor sometimes. He's afraid the extra medications will get me messed up. He knows I get a slight buzz off the risperdal when I take it. It is very intoxicating. He is afraid I will take too many. Complicated situation, huh?

Irishcoda, thank you for the prayers! I need them and I am not a religious man.

Sharyna said...

I'm with you here. I wonder how I do things at all, with the panic! And it surprises me everytime. Just when I think they're under control, something throws me off. Dad should "budget" in the extra Risperdal just before your shot. Then you will feel better.