Monday, December 28, 2009

Schizophrenia Be Gone...

It's been a good two weeks mentally.  How fortuitous that this would happen at the holidays.  It's as if some great kind hand swept me up from my mental pain and said, "Enough! You may rest now!"  The only symptom I am having these past few days is paranoia about the drug dealer next door.  I am constantly looking out the window as the multitude of strange cars come and go.  I check my locks in the house and on the car constantly.   I stay up all night and cars came and went until the wee hours of the morning like they do every night.  I wish George would have never brought it to my attention. 

I am enamored with the Twilight Saga of audiobooks.  I never thought I would be so enthralled by a strange vampire romance novel.  Werewolves and strange vampires abound in the books.  I have also never read the Harry Potter series of books and plan on doing that when mom gets home.  She has them in the garage.  All of them.  Unless I c0uld get the audiobooks which would be preferable.  I doubt our tiny library has them.

I've been trying to play video games lately for the first time in a very long time.  I received Dragon Age: Origins for Christmas.  It all feels so mindless and like work, though.  Go here, kill that, do this.  I am trying and we will see if I can finish the game.  Dad gave me a Nintendo Wii last Christmas and Charlie bought me several games he thought I would like.  I never played it more than a few times.  I just couldn't get interested in it and it was so wildly popular.  Why it was so popular escaped me.  What a waste of $300. 

11 comments:

forsythia said...

Andrew, how hilarious! "Go here, kill that, do this." I have never in my life played a video game, but this sounds just like I think they would be.

Andrew said...

forsynthia, that's exactly how these games are. Oh, how I lament the passing of thinking games and strategy games that took more than just a series of mouse clicks to finish!

kristi said...

I love Ms. Pacman... can't handle all of those other games!

Andrew said...

Kristi, ah, I used to love Ms. Pacman when I was a kid. My brother and I loved going to the arcades with a pocketful of quarters!

Lena said...

My son got a Wii for Christmas and I must say the entire family has been having fun with the Wii sports. At least there is some strategy involved in those games and you can be up and active.

Now as for the Mario game, I find it completely addicting and mindless. I wish it wasn't in the house. It takes so much time to figure out how to get through a level and "kill" the bad guy. But I keep going back to the game. My sons are impressed with how well I play for an "older" person. lol

I know playing Wii is nothing more than a distraction from the important things going on in my life, working on staying away from it.

Andrew said...

Lena, I guess I'm just not playing the right games. I thought of getting the Wii fit package, but have been abyssmal when it comes to exercise over the years other than my daily walk of Maggie.

justLacey said...

Have you read the Anne Rice books? You might like some of them.

Andrew said...

Lacey, I saw the movie Interview with the Vampire with Cruise and Pitt and really liked it. I bet I would enjoy the books. I hear Rice is writing about religious topics these days.

mommy2twogirls said...

Hey! I know you probably miss your parents while they are away, but take heart they will return before you know it! Don't worry so much about the neighbors, my motto about weird neighbors...don't bother them or leave them alone and they will leave you alone! I'm not much of a video game person myself, but S loves them. He mostly plays computer games he finds on the internet.
By the way, since you like books, have you heard of the Kindle you can get at Amazon.com? It's a digital book. Really cool, would love to have one. I hope you have a great day!

Andrew said...

L, so true about neighbors. It is just my schizophrenic nature to be a busybody about such matters. I wanted a Kindle badly, but the price? $300 to $350 dollars. You can buy books to last you months with that. It is a neat premise though. I would love to have one. Maybe a wealthy benefactor could help? LOL

Annabel said...

You'll love the Harry Potter books. Let me know when you start them.