Sunday, December 20, 2009

This is for the Birds!!!


Well, y'all, I tried. I tried to be frugal and turn my heat way down. This morning I woke up and the house was 52 degrees. "This is crazy!" I thought to myself. "I am miserable!" I walked into the hall and turned the thermostat up to 80, shed my clothes down to a pair of socks, a white cotton t-shirt, and my boxers. I sat basking in the heat in the den as I puffed on the most wonderful cigarette I've had in weeks. Just me and my underwear. I will try to justify this in that I spent THOUSANDS of dollars a year on booze when I was drinking. A $160 utility bill a month ain't that bad. It makes me feel better.
 
Ah, Warmth!!!!!
 

6 comments:

justLacey said...

I agree, quite a small price to pay for comfort and enjoyment.

Berryvox said...

65 degrees is already way too cold. I don't know how people can set their thermostats that low. I can see it while you're sleeping but...gack!

Sharyna said...

We spend slightly less than that a month and our house is less than 1000 sq ft. So you're in the norm! Love Ya!

Andrew said...

Lacey, I am starting to agree as well. This heat feels SOOOOO good!

Berryvox, 65 is indeed too low. 75 for that matter as well.

Sharyna, good to know. I guess I'm in the norm for a similar sized house. I love you, too, sweetheart! :-)

Joy Heather said...

I HATE to be cold..its so miserable..i do turn my thermostat down during the night..because i hate to be too warm in bed...but it comes on long before i get up and into my day...i would be a grump if i had to get up into a cold house..enjoy your heating..its a small price to pay for comfort..and think what you are saving on other things...Maggie will thank you as well, i'm sure.

Andrew said...

Joy, it was both making me and Maggie grumpy as well. I'll just get a part time job if I have to, but I want to be warm and comfortable!