Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Insurmountable Bundle of Joy...

Maggie never ceases to surprise me.  She has taken to our four mile a day walk instead of two with aplomb. I am trying more traditional weight loss methods instead of bulimia. This morning she grossed me out, though.  There was a dead squirrel as flat as a Necco wafer in the road.  She was determined to take it home.  "But it's delicious!" you could almost see in those doe like brown eyes.  I managed to wrestle it away without smelling of putrid squirrel.

Later this morning was mom's doctor's appointment.  Her psychiatrist.  I had offered to drive, but was secretly nervous about it.  Could I go without one of my attacks?  Well, I did fine, and it was good spending time with mom.  She never ceases to amaze me with how well she does to manage her schizophrenia.  A good role model.  I want to emulate her.  

2 comments:

forsythia said...

I remember the time our ancient beagle appeared at the back door with a dead squirrel. He was SO proud of himself, but we had to take his "prize" away from him.

Irishcoda said...

Ewww, I remember my cat bringing me a dead mouse as a gift.

This may sound weird to say but it's nice you have this connection with your mom. My daughters and I all have bipolar and in a way, we can all understand each other's issues because we live it, ya know what I mean?