Thursday, December 24, 2009

More Fretting...

"Is it going to freeze tonight?" mom asked me on the phone last night.

"No," I replied. "It will hover in the thirties.  It is cloudy."

"That's pretty cold," mom said. "I better not leave your Diet Cokes on the porch. They may burst."

Sigh!  One of my most favorite rituals these days is to drive over around five in the morning and get my cokes.  I am too impatient to wait until mom and dad get moving around nine.

"You can just get them later in the day," mom furthered. 

I sighed again.

"Mom you can't do that to me!" I pleaded. "It is not going to freeze!"

"You sure?  I would hate to ruin those cokes," she replied.  "Well, I guess I will leave them out."

I then sighed with relief.  It's Christmas and I want my comforting routines. 

Before mom hung up the phone, I asked, "Can I go ahead and get my I-Pod?"

I made up some lame excuse about it taking hours to transfer all the music and I wanted to take it with me on the trip to my sister's house Christmas Day.

"No! No! No!," mom replied, laughing.  "You are obsessed with that I-Pod.  You have asked that ten times this week.  You can open your present tomorrow!"

I sounded just like a kid and it was good to hear mom laugh.  She can be so serious and fretting all the time.   Today is the day and I am about to die.  I will have to wait until late evening when mom, dad, and I eat supper together tonight, though.  I am going to fly home, upload my music, and I-Pod away!

6 comments:

Summer said...

Merry Christmas Andrew!

forsythia said...

Merry Christmas, Andrew!

Lena said...

Merry Christmas, Andrew.

I so get it, I love my I-Pod and my music!

Francesca said...

Have a wonderful time with your family. Merry Christmas, Andrew....

~Christina~ said...

Andrew, this is my gift to you and Maggie. Its a link to my blog that has a special message to you both...

http://living-life-again.blogspot.com/2009/12/puppy-dog-christmas.html

Merry Christmas!!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Andrew!

Matt