Sunday, December 20, 2009

Overheard at my Parent's House Today...

I was just over getting my Diet Cokes.  I waited to later as it was so cold early this morning.  I usually go around five or six in the morning to get them off the porch where mom leaves them the night before.  Dad was talking on his cellphone in the bedroom.

"You can't get cash back with them, can you?" I overheard him asking. "He will buy beer if he can get cash back."

I smiled.  He was talking to my sister-in-law about those I-Tunes gift cards.  He asked the same thing last year about all the Red Lobster gift cards I was supposed to get for Christmas from my family - my favorite restaurant.  That idea was nixed when he found out I could order margaritas with the gift cards.  LOL Can you see me sitting down at the Red Lobster bar, swilling margaritas, and paying for them with my gift cards? He probably has a good point.  Sounds like a good idea to me! LOL  I could use a good Red Lobster Margarita right now.  Or five.  Mom always orders two with her meal every time we go and it puts a big smile on her face and makes her giddy! She gets so talkative.   It is the only time I have ever seen my mother drink.

2 comments:

kristi said...

Oh that sounds good. Hubs and I have a date scheduled and we are going to Red Lobster!

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Red Lobster Margaritas, that's hilarious. Another cultural phenomenon you have clued me in on, Andrew. ;-)