Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Worried Nurse…

I walked in my doctor’s office this morning.  There sat mom.  I laughed.

“You have more doctor’s appointments than anybody I have ever seen!” I exclaimed good heartedly.

“It’s obsessive,” mom said, smiling back. “I have to see Dr. Bakshi for my checkup this morning.”

I left mom to sit in the lobby waiting when I was called back.

“I’ve been so worried about you,” my nurse, Rebecca, told me as I walked to the back.  “You haven’t gotten your shot in weeks!”

“We tried a new medication and it didn’t work out so well,” I told her. “My doctor and father were hoping it would work well for me cause it works well for my mother.”

We went to an examining room.  I did my best to make small talk – doing quite well actually this morning.  My nurse gave me my injection and I was headed home after running by the pharmacy to give dad the appointment card for the next shot.  I look forward to that familiar bout of euphoria in about an hour or two.  It’s the closest thing I get to a drink these days.  I hope you all are well this morning.  I am so excited to be back on my usual medication!

1 comment:

glittermom said...

will be glad to have the old Andrew back...