Saturday, June 05, 2010

This and That…

  • I’ve had one of the harder weeks with my mental illness that I've had in years.  I am ready for a break. 
  • I’ve had constant drooling and my speech has been slurred.  It sounds like I am drunk.  This is so disconcerting.
  • I’ve had to hide all this from my family.  They don’t want more drama.  Dad said last night what a drama free week it had been.  If he only knew what kind of hell I have been through. 
  • Mrs. Florene has called me religiously every night this week worried about me.  She has been my confidant and trusted soul to talk to during all this.  Bless her heart.  She is so worried about me.  Both her “boys” are in dire straits she said last night.  I have actually welcomed her calls showing how sick I have felt.
  • Today shows signs of being better.  I am able to blog and that is a good sign.  I don’t get on the web at all when I am feeling ill.
  • Dad told me last night, “Don’t live like a homeless person!”  My life gets in disarray and chaotic when I am ill.  I hadn’t clipped my toenails in a week and this alarmed him. 
  • Maggie has been such a comfort this week.  She has laid in the bed with me for hours my constant companion.  I have the porch open this morning and she is enjoyed it very much.  It is a beautiful morning here. 
  • Discovered that show Bones on TNT last night and I am just in love.  I loved the character interaction and development. 
  • Hoping for at least some thunder today.  We got a good rain yesterday and I want some more interesting weather. 

10 comments:

forsythia said...

Hope some interesting weather comes your way today. Hang in there, Andrew.

Lena said...

Hey Andrew. So sorry you had such a tough week. Good you had Ms. Florene to confide in.

Glad to see a post and know that you are headed in the right direction.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Good morning, Andrew - I'm so glad that you're feeling well enough to blog a little today!

Sure wish you felt that you could confide in mom and dad about all of this . . . but so thankful that you have Maggie and Mrs. Florine both there for you.

Just take it one step at a time.

Love ya,
Grannie

justLacey said...

I am sorry to hear you are struggling again. This has been a hard time for you. I hope things are resolved soon and you are up and running again. If I can help, just let me know.

glittermom said...

It makes me sad to see you having such a hard time with your illness..You were doing so well for a long time..Hopefully you will be back in your good place soon..

kristi said...

Have a good weekend Andrew. :)

(M)ary said...

I am sorry you have had a bad time with your illness! I hope it gets better.

I love the show Bones too. I agree, the characters are the key to the show. I like the mystery aspect of it but its the chemistry between the 2 lead characters I like best.

On another note, I rarely clip my toenails. I mean I do but not weekly. It is easy to forget the feet!

Jane said...

Pets are a blessing.
Doctors should write prescriptions for them.

I love when you write about the Maggie!

Beth said...

Your meds side effects are a little alarming. Can you call the doctor's office and talk to your nurse; find out if this is expected, how long it should take for them to ease up; when you should come in to see them if the side effects don't get better or change? I hate that you feel you need to hide this from your family. You need an advocate who you can confide in and who will help you seek medical help when you need it.

tdouglas999 said...

Your father is pathetic. He just cant wait to get a dig in. He's usually accusing you of drinking and now he's referenceing homelessness just because you didnt trim your damned toe nails?! Are you freaking kidding me?

Tell him to go shit in a hat, then wait for the look of utter shock on his face...then turn around and walk away.

I grew up with no father. I'd rather have none than the ass you are related to.