Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Gourmet Gift...

I gave Mrs. Jones her coffee this morning.   She was very, very appreciative and it made me feel good.  I have grown to love her like a grandmother and she means the world to me. 

George was kind of quiet this morning.  He was running low on money and Sunday arrived before he could buy some whiskey.  It's the Bible belt and they don't sell alcohol on Sundays around here.  I am sure Mrs. Jones was elated in that her son's drinking embarrasses her. 

I have a long day today.  I am feeling kind of strange this morning mentally and am biding my time till mom and dad wake up and I can get my medications. 

I am berating myself for putting up that video of me yesterday.  It was silly and I look silly.  I have noticed that many blog writers carefully guard their looks on their blogs.   Many people I have read for years and have no idea of what they look like. 

9 comments:

KathyA said...

You do not have to apologize -- you didn't look silly. I do guard my photo on the internet, because I'm really self-conscious. You don't need to be, however, you handsome devil, you!! :)

NellJean said...

It wasn't silly, you don't look silly. If you don't like it, delete. The rest of us are fine with it.

When you think about your Mama being 'just like her Mama,' who do you want to be 'just like?'

conisong said...

I don't think your video was silly at all. I think it was creative and fun. A lot of the folks I follow do videos and it is kinda cool to see them face to face.
I put the occasional photo of myself on mine from time to time.
You just tell that berating voice that I said to shut up.
I am glad that you and your Mom are on good terms again. Hope you have a great Sunday!

Francesca said...

You look wonderful! Not silly in the least bit! I am GLAD I got to see you, it make your blog more personable. I now have a face AND voice to put with your blog. When I read now, I can 'hear' you voice as I am reading... Hope that doesn't sound to weird. Take care, Andrew.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Andrew Dear,

It wasn't silly at all. You must not go through life second guessing everything you do. Once you have done something, it is done. Move forward - and don't look back.

Even a turtle can't get anywhere without sticking his neck out!

I enjoyed your video - I thought you looked great and sounded just as I had expected! You are supposed to enjoy blogging - it's supposed to be fun and pleasurable; for you and for us. Believe me when I say that it is a pleasure to read your blog - all the time.

You are very easy to like, Andrew. You're kind, friendly, forgiving and tell a story very well. So stop trying to tell us that we're wrong. What you should understand is that we are all different and should remain so - that's what makes you such a special friend. You are different. I am different. Everyone should be different. That's what makes it all "work"!

With warm regards,

Grannie

Cheryl said...

I think you've heard the definitive word here from Grannie. Don't look back. It was a treat for all of us to see you and hear you. Please do it again! Let's see you without your hair slicked back if that's not the way you usually wear it.

Cin said...

I enjoyed watching the video! I am glad to hear that you are on good terms with your mother again. :)

(M)ary said...

i just don't want my family to figure out i have a blog.plus, i am really photo phobic so not too many pictures of me. i did have my pic up for awhile then switched it out.

(M)ary said...

ps...you look handsome! so no worries!