Saturday, September 26, 2009

It Can Rain on Saturdays...

Well, Lord be, I hit a deer this morning in my Honda.  The damage is not that bad, but it scared the literal shit outta me when I hit it.  It all happened so fast.  I had to check my underwear when I got back to dads.  I hit it next to the old AM radio station near downtown and it knocked the deer 20 feet into the air.  Into a field nearby.   My car is still perfectly drivable, but it looks ugly.  And there is deer hair everywhere all over my car.  I hit the deer so hard that the contents of it's stomach came flying out and flew all over my windshield.  Thank God for well built Hondas.   I drove by the police station and got an SR-14 form to fill out for my insurance company.  Let's hope they cover it and don't give me a hassle like they normally do.  I hope you all are doing well today and enjoying your weekends. I'm fine.  No anxiety or panic attacks yet.  Thank goodness.

Let's think of the deer, too.  It was just a fawn or close to it. R.I.P.  My car can be fixed.  A life was lost. (I wrote this and then I strangely and amusingly thought, "You know? We eat dead animals everyday.  At least, most of us doI ate dead animal for breakfast in the form of bacon this morningMmmmm venison!")

10 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, that is an AWFUL experience! Glad you are OK.

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about the deer getting hit and glad to hear that you are okay.
Hope all goes well for you with the insurance.

Peg McGuire said...

Thank God you're okay. It's a dangerous time of the year with all the deer. Everyone here goes extra slow because of all the deer. Don't worry about the insurance. Some pictures of the car, the deer and all the deer hair on your car should prove that you were hit.

(M)ary said...

i am so glad you are okay. sorry about the deer. it is in deer heaven now so don't worry about it. i am just thankful it didn't fly up in the air and land on your windshield!

kristi said...

Andrew, I hit a cow when I was 7 months pregnant with Sara. It scared the living crap outta me. Luckily I was okay, so was Sara, but my car had to be repaired and it took a long time! Glad you are a-okay!

Lena said...

Oh boy, so glad you are OK. It must have been so scary.

justLacey said...

EEEWWWWW how gross on the goo on your windshield. I'm glad you are ok, RIP little deer.

KathyA said...

Glad it was just the car that was damaged. Amazing that the only predator the deer have is the automobile.

Jenn said...

Sheesh, glad you're ok! My sister hit a deer and spread it's bowel contents all over her car. Not pretty.

Cheryl said...

Yup, glad you're OK. The deer? Well, it's them or us. Hopefully your insurance won't go up.