Thursday, September 17, 2009

She's Portly, but She's Mine...

I did something reckless last night.  Usually, I am pretty conservative with my money.  Mom gave me 30 dollars yesterday and I went wild.  I ordered an extra large pizza, double pepperoni, thin crust, with extra pepperocinis and ranch dipping sauce. I ordered it online at papajohns.com and they delivered in 30 minutes.  I paid a dear price though later in the night.  I ate the whole pizza and was miserable later with heartburn and indigestion. 

Maggie and I went for our 2 mile jaunt early this morning.  I was up at eight.  I really need to get a video of Maggie as I show her the leash.  She goes bananas.  It is an ordeal trying to get her harness on as she is wiggling so much. 

The veterinarian called me yesterday to tell me it is time for Maggie's yearly checkup.  He is going to admonish me for the amount of weight Maggie has gained.  At least lately I've tried to be more conscious of the table food I give her.  She is back to eating her kibbles.   

4 comments:

Leann said...

I too love the pizza but the heartburn kills me.

Maggie is the love of your life. She deserves all you give her.

Karen said...

I'm going to have pizza tonight. :-)
I couldn't eat a whole one though. I get full after two pieces.

Cheryl said...

That's some kind of reckless! I'm sure I would have felt like you. It's hard to stop eating when something tastes so good.

KathyA said...

At least the vet isn't going to weigh you!!! :)