Monday, September 14, 2009

The Calvary Arrives...

I was pretty pitiful this morning.  Maggie was sulking as well.  I was down to my last two cigarettes and one diet coke.  I had plenty of orange drink, but somehow that just didn't hold the same appeal of a caffeinated coke.  I was in the kitchen eating some cheese toast as Maggie just went crazy in the den.  She seemed to be implying that, "Momma's here!  Momma's here!"  It was the earliest I've seen my mother up in years.

"I thought you needed some TLC this morning," mom said walking up the front steps of my house. "I had to get my teeth cleaned this morning."

In a sack were six diet cokes, a carton of Doral Lights, and some nail clippers. 

"I went to Wal-Mart to get you the nail clippers," mom said. "You need to clip your nails."

I smiled.  My mother never was one to dance around a delicate issue.  

"Thank you," I told her. "You turned around what was going to be a tough day."

"Well, I love you," mom replied.

Mom didn't stay long.  After playing with Maggie, she headed home to crawl back in the bed.  She really, really made my morning today.  It is hard to believe we were in a tussle a few days ago.

2 comments:

(M)ary said...

Awwwwww..... Awesome!

KathyA said...

Glad you two worked things out!