Monday, September 14, 2009

Stirring the Witches Cauldron...

Well, I have finally figured out what was causing the anxiety attacks all these years.  Dad absentmindedly left a blister pack of my medications a few nights ago.  Curious me couldn't leave well enough alone and I have been experimenting with my medications all week.  I took 3 lithium.  My normal dosage.  And had a classic anxiety attack.  I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room.  It's gonna get ugly, ugly tonight when I tell dad I am not taking the Lithium anymore.  He will be unwaveringly stoic and unbending about it.  So shall I. 

6 comments:

Stephany said...

I just wanted to stop in and say 'hello', I've been reading your blog, and you're a great writer, like a conversation is flowing easily.

My daughter always noted what meds made her feel agitated or anxious, I think you're smart for taking note of that. Good luck with the discussion.

KathyA said...

Wow -- that's quite a discovery -- have you talked to your doctor about this? Keep us posted!

anonymous said...

Really that is a better conversation to have with your shrink and not your dad.

PipeTobacco said...

Hello Sir:

Lithium is a very powerful medication that is specifically indicated for manic depressive illness. It can work wonders for many with that affliction, but not all. Some respond better with other anti-depressive medications.

As your major health issue is with your schizophrenia, it *could* be a significant help to you to remove lithium as it is a very difficult drug to regulate in a homeostatic manner.... especially in combination with other medications.

PipeTobacco

kristi said...

Hope it worked out for you Andrew!

kristi said...

Hope it worked out for you Andrew!