Friday, September 25, 2009

Nibbles and Kibbles...

I heard Maggie crunching on her kibbles this morning in the laundry room.  "Good!" I thought.  She eats it grudgingly though.  She finished eating, walked back into the den with me, and collapsed on the floor with a sigh and a sad look.  "This is just terrible," she seemed to be implying.  Well, terrible me went and got a honey bun and ate it for breakfast with a glass of milk as Maggie sat and watched intently with those doe eyes.  It was then that I felt terrible.  She was putting such a guilt trip on me. "You can't have this girl," I told her. "You are going to get diabetes."  A moment passed.  I tore off a big piece of honey bun and gave it to her.  "Here! You win!" I said as I sighed in defeat.  I am such a softie when it comes to that dog.  She is my best friend you know.  George is a close second.  I can't keep doing this.  Tough love as they say.  My father has a patent on it. 

1 comment:

KathyA said...

She's got you wrapped around her paw!!!