Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Terrible Case of the Barkies...

It started late last night.  It was midnight when Maggie began her muted cough bark routine. I was half asleep.  Maggie was laying by my side. *cough bark* By three in the morning, it was all out madness.  Maggie was in the back of yard barking as if legions of cats were invading our yard.

"Daddy's here!!!" I exclaimed out the back door. 

Maggie stopped barking and came roaring inside through the dog door at a frantic pace to look for dad.  I quickly closed the lock on the dog door once she had passed.   I then went and turned on every outside light including the one on the screened in porch. 

"What's wrong girl?" I asked her as we lay back down.

She wagged her tail briefly and started barking loudly again.  Something had really got her going last night.  Well, it is 10:15 AM this morning and she is still barking.  I let her back out at nine.  I am hoping she will tucker out soon and come inside.  At least, I can only barely hear the barking from the back of the house in my computer room.

*****

Blessed be the Nurse with a Big Needle...

This morning was my every two week injection for my schizophrenia.  This is the big one.  The head honcho.  The one thing that keeps me from losing my sometimes tenuous grasp with sanity.  I've been getting it for ten years now. 

"I've gotten hooked on the Twilight series," my nurse told me as she prepared the injection. "I usually don't like mainstream books other women like.  I was reading it while waiting on you to arrive."

She had the most astonished look on her face.  I smiled.  I told her I wanted to read them as well.  Mom has them and has read them.  Maybe, I can start back reading now that I am off the Lithium.  My mind is so focused and clear these days.    

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I read the "True Blood Series" which that same type of story...Twilight is made into movies and True Blood is made into a series on HBO...

Jamie said...

I LOVE the new look and the pics you took of your yard, winter/fall. How did you get everything just exactly as it was?

Has Maggie quit barking by now?

Happy Hump day friend. :)

(M)ary said...

my dog simon sir poopalot does that too! drives me nuts. bark bark bark.