Monday, September 28, 2009

It's in the Details, Darling...

Mom brought me and Maggie another big bag of hamburgers tonight.  Maggie was beside herself for her burgers by the time mom left (We're still having issues with her eating her Purina One). I've learned to carefully take out the pickles, scrape off the onions, or Maggie will make a mess eating around them. 

Mom is still worried about my car and quizzed me on the vagaries of accidents and auto insurance.

"You didn't wash your car before you took it by the insurance office did you?" mom asked.

"Did you take pictures?" mom also asked.

"How long do you think it will take the insurance company to give you a response?" rang another.  "You can't drive around with your CR-V looking like that."

"Did you fill out and take that form from the police station with you as well?" was the final question before I stepped in.

"Can I answer your questions?" I replied, interrupting, while I smiled and laughed.

"Well, I just want to make sure you get your car fixed," mom said as serious as ever. "It's such a nice car."

It's in the details, darling.  Mom is always crossing her t's and dotting her i's.  No wonder teaching elementary school all those years drove her crazy.   Kids can be so unpredictable.   Their pegs just wouldn't fit into mom's square and circle holes that are her universe.  

No comments: