Sunday, August 22, 2010

Caramel this Morning During Potty Time…

I haven’t been posting pictures lately because  I couldn’t get my camera card reader to play nice with Ubuntu – my primary operating system.  I was too lazy to set up my camera in Windows 7 as well having to install Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. I finally read a tutorial this morning that walked me through setting up my Canon camera to work with Linux.  I take Caramel out every morning to use the bathroom – letting her know outside is the place to go for potty needs.  She’s reluctantly beginning to use the dog door as well which excites me to no end!  She’s smart as a whip and wants to go where Maggie and Sadie are going when they go outside through the door.

Caramel

Don’t Spend a Fortune on Photoshop…  Use Gimp…

You can find Gimp, a free open source photo editing program, in my free software page above.  It a laid out just like Photoshop – even the menus and tools are the same.  The only thing I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t open in a window.  The interface is tiled around your monitor. Luckily, they have the same version for Windows as they do for Linux so you can use it on Windows as well.

Busy Day Ahead…

I have a lot of lawns to mow this morning.  I am going to start with my my own, and move to Joyce’s, then Mr. Ed’s. It is so cool this morning after our storms last night so it is going to be nice toodling around these yards on my mower in the cool morning air.   I am going to try and get most of my clients done as well before the start of another work week. I plan to stay busy today to keep my mind off smoking.   Around 2pm will mark 2 full days without a smoke.   They say after 3 days you are over the nicotine withdrawals, and then must just contend with the habit itself. 30 days and the habit will be broken and you will finally have some relief. Well, I am off to get started mowing.  Stacey has already left for work after I fixed us a good breakfast.  

15 comments:

Diana said...

Look at that face! She is so cute.

Tee said...

Awwww. She is so cute. Hopefully she will be potty trained soon.

amelia said...

She's gorgeous, does Maggie have her nose out of joint or is there no jealousy?

Good job on the smoking!! Keep it up!!

Syd said...

Caramel is adorable. She looks more like an Oreo to me or some kind of licorice.

forsythia said...

How cute is that!

Cin said...

Your dog is so cute!! I am so glad to hear that you stopped smoking! I have tried several times and will try again soon! LOL!

Sharyna said...

What a cute pup!!

Berryvox said...

Adorable!

Sandy said...

So Adorable!!!

Mary K said...

Squee! Caramel is adorables!

You're more than halfway there to getting the nicotine out of your system and doing much better than I was at that point. I was sobbing and watching Lord of The Rings over and over. :D

justLacey said...

I'm in love!

It's Jan! said...

Great job on the no smoking! It can be done and you are so focused on improving your life (and finances) that you can do it!

Now I can resist smoking (3 packs a day to none in 21 days - no chemical help, just willpower) six years ago, but I'm a sucker for a pretty face and Caramel is so precious. The photo is so sweet that I want to talk baby talk to baby caramel!

I'm pulling for you...
Jan

Amy said...

What a sweet puppy!

Jenn said...

She's adorable!

AJ said...

She is gorgeous. I wish I could find the pictures of mine as a puppy.