Friday, August 06, 2010

Tony the Coon Ass…

    Interesting Characters…

  • You can obviously still find my blogger profile online and get my email address although you can’t read my blog without an invitation.  I am going to have to change my profile information incase a future employer searches for my name – too much information about alcoholism and mental illness in there.  I got an interesting email this morning from “Tony the Coon Ass”  tonydacoonass@yahoo.com.  lol  He wanted an invite to the blog. hehe  UM, no thanks.  With that kind of name it only conjures up some of my more virulent and bile spewing anonymous commenters to mind.  I think I will let Tony and his “coon ass” stare at the invitation only login screen from now on.

Change in Venues…

  • I got the ball rolling this morning to change my prescriptions to the pharmacy at work.  One of my recent best things I ever did was promptly getting my Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance cards from mom before dad could confiscate them.   My uncle violated my trust when he told my father that my medications keep getting reduced.  He meant well, but I want more privacy.  I am worried I am going to hurt his feelings, though.  He is a kind and shy man that would only do what he thought was best for me.  Family can be such a Catch-22.  I just want some independence for the first time in my life.

The Joys of Having a Father for an Attorney…

  • My father still has power of attorney over me and I don’t quite know how to go about changing this.  Will I have to contest it in court? I signed over power of attorney years ago willingly in his lawyer’s office.  I need to do a Bing search and find out more about this.  I just feel tired today and don’t want to fool with any more troubles. Ah, it seems so overwhelming to me and expensive.  Stacey remarked last night on the phone that the tendrils of my father’s control had invaded every aspect of my life, but I am shy in talking to her about this kind of stuff, though.  She understands having a completely overbearing mother so I should be more honest with her.  She could be a lot of support.  I just don’t want to burden her with all the drama that surrounds my father and I.

MP3 of the Day!

  • I thought I would add this feature to the blog as I am constantly listening to music and music is such an important part of my life.  I was too afraid to do it on a public blog not to violate the Digital Management Copyright Act. I can more safely do it now.  Next week will be Joni Mitchell week as I will showcase all my favorite Joni Mitchell Songs.  I have every album she ever recorded ripped to MP3.  Little Boots was found by doing a search for “artists similar to La Roux”.  La Roux is my current musical obsession.  

DOCSIS 3.0…

  • I learned today that my cable company is soon switching their Internet service over to DOCSIS 3.0 which means we will be getting speeds of 50mb down and 5mb up.  This rivals fiber networks.  I am so excited and emailed my cable company this morning for more information and will call them today as well.  I am currently at 8mb down and 1mb up.  It will be so nice to have such a fast internet connection.  Our cable company in this small town is one of the best in the country and very forward thinking.  I am lucky to have them.  My service has only been down a handful of times in the eight years I’ve had an Internet account with them.   I strongly recommend Knology to anyone that has them locally.

Keeping Maggie Happy…

  • Now, every time I drive somewhere and come home Maggie expects Stacey and Sadie to be with me.  She will just go nuts when I open the door and will sulk when she realizes they are not here.  I feel so sorry for her when I get off work and they are not with me.  I told Stacey this morning that she had to bring Sadie, her corgi, over this afternoon so her and Maggie could play.  Sadie quickly learned to use the dog door watching Maggie and they will go out in the yard and just run and play.  It warms the heart to see them together.  Sadie is a house dog and doesn’t just get the run of the yard very often in her life so she loves to come over as well.  

Getting a Little too Friendly…

  • I am under the assumption now that my supervisor has a crush on me and she is a married woman.   She is just too friendly for a boss.  She will give me a hug when she sees me and is very touchy feely.  It is flattering, but disconcerting at the same time.  I have never had a employer fawn over me so.  Maybe she is just glad of my work ethic and I am reading too much into it.  I just don’t know.  I told Stacey about this morning and she got extremely jealous.  “Your not going to leave me for an affair with your boss, are you?” she asked.  I emphatically said no!  I have never had a boss so glad to see me and or smile so much while I am around them.  She brags about me constantly. 

Is Model Railroading Tedious?

  • George is loving his magazines.  He wrote yesterday in one of the letters I got from mom that model railroading seemed tedious.  “All that painting engines, cars, and doing all the building and scenery must get old,” he wrote.  “It’s about capturing the trains of your youth,” I wrote back.  “I want to model the Chattahoochee Valley Railway because it was my favorite railroad when I was a child and I have so many fond memories of watching those trains.  It is a labor of love.”  I guess George will never understand my love for trains, but I appreciate him reading the magazine and giving it a shot.  Model Railroading and Trains are such an important part of my life and me.        

11 comments:

jane said...

not quite sure about your state's rules with regard to this, but in theory you should you be able to revoke your father's power of attorney in writing AT ANY TIME. call these folks - they should be able to help you free of charge.

Selma Disabilities Advocacy Program, Inc
701 Lauderdale Street
P.O. Box 268
Selma AL 36701
Fax: 334 875-2999
Phone: 334 875-6001

i have a good friend who does this kind of legal work here in Philadelphia. he recommends you seek help from someone who specializes in advocacy for the disabled (not to label you, by any means, but you are entitled to these services!)

take care!

jane

geelizzie said...

I'm *so* confused now, was Andrew a fake name and Jonathon is your real name? I'm so used to thinking of you as Andrew. Is Maggie's name really Maggie? ha ha.

I'd love to see video of the dogs playing, it sounds so cute!

cyottee said...

My understanding is that you only need to inform your father,your bank,social security,etc.of the change of POA.That is unless you were deemed incompetent.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

As to the power of attorney . . you can try the local legal aid. They can answer your questions - or you might be able to get it done through a paralegal. I know that you can easily establish POA's using paralegals - they should be able to help you void one.

Hope it works honey . . . BUT keep in mind that there are still things that it would be nice to have dad taking care of. Once again, we don't want to start WW III, just let you have the independence that you are prepared to handle at this point!

If dad would work WITH you instead of sneaking behind your back, all of this would be so much easier, wouldn't it!

Hang in there - your choices have been so very good so far. Just use your better judgement and don't try to be perfect!

Love ya,
Grannie

- PT said...

Jonathon

Your Mp3 of the day will not play when I click play. Is it working for everyone else? Just thought I would let you know.

reaganalabama said...

Did they have any idea when we'd get DOCSIS 3.0? i have heard that they already have it in Huntsville and a couple other places! can't wait!

mark

justLacey said...

I laughed out loud at work when I read your comment about tonydacoonass. I say let him knock, but don't let him in.

Carol said...

Anyone can be your DPOA on paper but it is only in use when it is invoked because you are judged by an MD to be incompetent. Just the fact that you are holding a job and living independently means that you are competent to make decisions. Or, maybe you would just like to name someone else as DPOA in the event that it might be used. And scrap your father, so to speak.

pattycakes said...

thats kind of funny about your supervisor , is she an older lady or your age , sounds like she likes you a lot , kinda nice to be gettin all the attention from so many ladies isnt it , bout time i would say :) have a good one

justLacey said...

If you voluntarily gave your dad POA, you can revoke it at any time. I found this online and it explains how to do it.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2292011_revoke-power-attorney.html
I would give it some real thought though beforehand. It can bring many responsibilities you don't currently handle. I rather think you have the best of both worlds at this time.

Syd said...

You are having an interesting time. Watch out for cat fights between your boss and Stacey! you can change your POA.