Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fortuitous News!

Charlie came by tonight.  He was in a hurry still having not gotten Horsefly’s KFC for the evening.

“I know Horsefly’s hungry, but he is going to have to wait a little more.  I have great news!” Charlie told me. 

“What?” I asked excited.

“I have your new area rug in the truck,” Charlie said. “And I bought the house next door!!!”

“Awesome!!!” I exclaimed. “How much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking?”

“$35,000,” Charlie said. “I got it for a steal in foreclosure.”

We walked out to get my new rug and carried it inside.  It took both of us to carry it in.  It was heavy as shit!  Charlie helped me move the bed and put the rug on the floor.  It looked beautiful with shades of burgundy throughout – much like the color of my blog today.

“The house across the street from me sold,” I told Charlie. “It says sale pending on the sign.”

“She was a strange woman,” Charlie replied. “But I am strange as well.”

Charlie laughed.

“I am pretty strange myself,” I told him.

“Birds of a feather flock together,” Charlie replied laughing again. “Well, I’ve got to run and get Horsefly’s chicken finger meal.  He will just be waking up.  He sleeps during the day.”

I told Charlie goodnight and thanked him for buying the house next to me.  Life is going to get very interesting in the next few weeks as we extend Maggie’s fence and Charlie begins to renovate the house.  I’ve always wanted Charlie as a neighbor and now I have my wish! 

9 comments:

pattycakes said...

thats wonderful, your life just keeps getting better and better , you will love charlie as a neighbor and your maggie can visit him anytime too which she will love. hope your feeling better today foot wise have a good one

Syd said...

Sounds good to have a friend next door.

Berryvox said...

Wow! $35000 IS a steal.

justLacey said...

Sounds great. We bought a foreclosure here several months ago for 25,400. It needs work, but my husband is a GC. I think you will enjoy haveing Charlie as a neighbor.

Summer said...

I thought Charlie lived next door to your mom and dad? Isn't there some sort of driveway between the two houses?

Tee said...

That's great news! Good neighbors are hard to find.

amelia said...

That's wonderful news for you to have someone so supportive living so close!!

LDAlvarez said...

That is so cool Jonathon! Maggie will be so happy!

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

Friends as neighbors is great :)