Monday, August 23, 2010

Whiz Bang!

Mom just came by in whiz bang fashion.  She was feeling much better tonight after a hard day physically.  She stepped inside for a moment with two McDonald’s bags filled with burgers, fries and apple pies.

“Enjoy!” mom said after giving Stacey a hug and telling her hello.

Maggie went just nuts at the smells of her favorite hamburger.

“Should I put out your diet Sprites tonight after you got that case today?” mom then asked before she left.

“Let’s stick to our routines,” I replied, which pleased mom.  She loves doing that for me.  I love driving over around four in the morning as I listen to NPR’s Morning Edition to get them. 

Mom left after picking up Caramel and giving her a hug and telling her how cute she was. 

“Your family is not conducive to me and my diet,” Stacey told me, giving me “the look” as she hungrily bit into her double cheeseburger.  “I am never going to lose weight eating like this.”

I laughed.  I should be more sensitive to her needs as far as her diet is concerned. She’s been so kind and supportive about me quitting smoking.  We ate our supper and Stacey gathered Sadie to go home. 

“I love you and probably won’t see you tomorrow,” she told me as we kissed good night. “Till we meet again.”

Well, it is nine and an hour after my bedtime.  I am going to bed.  I have another busy day ahead of me tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Your Mom is a very sweet, caring woman. You're so lucky to have her. Enjoy your day!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

In reading through your goals, I am inspired! There's a good balance of short term and long term goals and there is no reason that you can't reach all of them in time. Once again, they are all great choices, too! You have clearly determined what you want and set plans to be able to get where you want to be.

Another job well done! Very well done!

Grannie

Tee said...

Very good decision to think about Stacey's diet. She needs all the encouragement she can get (speaking from personal experience) while sticking to her diet.

You mom is so sweet. I agree, it's so helpful to have someone along with you at the grocery store.

Keep up the good work. You are doing so well, you are amazing!

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I am glad things are progressing for you. Did you have your locks changed, and if so, did that change go smoothly?

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogpsot.com

Tee said...

I just read your goals. We are behind you. Those are wonderful goals.