Wednesday, January 02, 2019

A Visit Extraordinaire…

I was sitting at this computer when Maggie started whining jubilantly. That could only mean one of three things – that Charlie, Tracy, or my father had arrived. It was Charlie and he was a sight for sore eyes.

“What are you two doing?” Charlie said as he handed me a McDonald’s bag. “You said you liked those chicken sandwiches the other night so I went and got two more for you and Maggie.”

“Well, thank you!” I exclaimed excitedly.

Charlie wanted to see all my many Christmas gifts. I invited him into the back bedroom to show him all the clothes I got.

“I liked the two shirts you got me,” I told Charlie. “They are so soft. They feel like silk.”

“I thought they would make good sleeping shirts thus the short sleeves,” Charlie replied.

Then I took the cover off the side of the computer and showed Charlie my main gift – my Vega 64 video card.

“I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds wonderful,” Charlie told me laughing.

Charlie didn’t stay long.

“Eat your chicken sandwiches while they are still hot,” Charlie said as he was heading out the front door.

Maggie gave him a good sendoff then she was ready to eat. She has become to associate Charlie with food these days. I pulled off the dill pickles and put her sandwich on the floor. I blinked and it was gone. Maggie had wolfed it down.

Cold, Dark, and Dreary…

We have been beseeched with the worst weather lately. It will soon have rained for a whole week. They say we shall see the sun again on Friday – when all of this gloom clears out.

No comments: