Monday, January 07, 2019

Trains and Mr. Winkle…

Tracy told me tonight that the most boring thing for her would be to sit on a cold bench all morning and wait for and watch trains pass.

“What do you get out of it?” Tracy asked mystified.

“I’ve always been fascinated with trains ever since I was a little boy,” I told her in justification.

I am enjoying my extra time away from volunteering and spent the morning looking at trains in downtown West Point. I told Tracy just to look in the computer room at my massive collection of Trains, Railroad Model Craftsman and Model Railroader magazines. I told her I was a dedicated fan.

“I’ve actually worn out Model Railroaders I’ve perused them so much,” I told Tracy. “They would fall apart.”

“Does that explain the stack of Model Railroaders in the bathroom?” she asked.

I laughed and said yes.

“I will read on the toilet until my legs go numb and I can’t get up.”

Tracy laughed, sighed and rolled her eyes.

Well, I came home from rail fanning to take a very long nap and slept until about time for Tracy to get here which meant pretty much all day. We had beefy tacos tonight – something easy to fix and they were delicious. I don’t care much for Mexican seasonings used in those taco seasoning packs. I fixed my savory beef filling with a bottle of A1 sauce and Tracy really liked it. You have to boil the ground chuck for a good thirty minutes to get it good and tender after adding a medium sized bottle of A1 and a good dash of salt.

No comments: