Sunday, January 13, 2019

Testy Around Here Tonight…

Tracy is still laughing after my father and Charlie have just left. The dynamic duo were in fine form tonight. Dad had been drinking wine again and was acting all silly and absentminded.

“Thank you for that set of pliers you gave me for Christmas,” my father told Charlie as we commiserated in the den.

He was sitting next to Tracy on the couch with Maggie joyously in between them perched like a queen. Charlie was sitting in my recliner. I was sitting at the computer as I just had to play that Iris Dement song on YouTube that dad so loves. I have to play it so often I have it on my bookmarks bar in my browser.

“Dammit John! I gave you a set of screwdrivers for Christmas!” Charlie barked.

I had to choke back a hearty laugh. Tracy just looked me with one of her beautiful smiles trying not to laugh.

“They act like they are married,” Tracy said giggling after they had left.

I laughed and agreed.

“They are more like brothers than anything,” I told Tracy to set the record straight.

Tracy got KFC tonight as well. She got what I got and that was the Colonel’s crunchy chicken sandwich fillup. I got to eat her chocolate chip cookie which Maggie eyed enviously.

In all the hoopla, we had forgotten to get Maggie something to eat. She started to whine something pitifully after things had quieted down. I had grilled some kielbasas earlier in the day and warmed her some up in the microwave. She was one happy dog after that. Just short of dog heaven.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Which Iris Dement song does he like? I love "Let The Mystery Be"!