Tuesday, January 29, 2019

When Your Dog Farts, Blame Your Girlfriend…

Tracy and I were spooning on the couch Sunday night. We were watching Masterpiece’s Victoria on Public Broadcasting. Maggie was laying on the rug just below us. Suddenly, this nasty, rotten egg smell wafted up from the floor. I saw Tracy wrinkle her nose first and I smiled. I knew it was Maggie, but I told Tracy, “Jesus honey, you need to check your drawers after that.” She elbowed me very hard in the ribs and it hurt.

“You know that was Maggie!” she exclaimed despondently.

By this time, I was laughing so hard it hurt. Tracy got to laughing as well.

“How can something so cute and cuddly emit something so nasty?” Tracy asked me.

Maggie looked stymied at all the commotion and then laid her head back down and went back to sleep.

Snow January 2019 was a Bust…

We were supposed to get 1 inch of snow this morning. The temperatures were just too warm. The National Weather Service got the forecast wrong all over the state and are having to eat humble pie this morning. They had to downgrade all winter weather warnings down to winter weather advisories. The temperature is supposed to fall into the twenties after sunset. It is going to be a cold trip to the grocery store tonight. I was feeling shaky last night, so dad and I put it off until tonight.

Getting Back On An Even Keel…

I feel much better than I did last week which was hell week. They say blogging is like riding a bike. You just have to get back on and start peddling. Hopefully, I will be back to writing on a regular basis now material permitting. 

No comments: